Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a massive thank you !!

argylefan

Sep 18, 2011
a massive thank you goes out to all you Brighton fans we ( all connected with PAFC) are so thankful for your support, the first fan from an other club i see in the Devonport End on Saturday will have their first beer on me massive thanks means so much to so many

Technorgasm

Sep 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I'm sending a HUGE thank you to the glorious supporters of BHA!

I came from Canada to the Amex for the POSH fixture, Sat Aug 27th and had such a fantastic experience that you now have a SEAGULLS supporter for LIFE! Can’t wait to come next year!
I came back to the UK for a month, under the rouse of going to a family wedding in Hertfordshire and to see all my family folks, I get over every 2 years or so. . it just so happened that the occasion was Aug 20th, so the football season was underway, and the trip was booked. At the Wedding the best man was a POSH supporter. When it was discovered that I would be in Brighton the same time and was going to find a way to the match to support the ‘Gulls he offered for his misses to take us shopping while he went to the football. . .ya. . . right, thanks. As there was NO way I was going to the game, it was sold out and it was a waste of time to even try.

When I arrived in Brighton, I went to the club shop (by the clock) picked up a scarf and was unsuccessful at getting a ticket. That night at the pubs I was complaining up and down for the lack of scalpers or "Touts" when to my surprise a lad piped up saying he was a supporter. We got talking football (mostly how impressed I was with Mack-smith and Noone) and he proceeded to draw me a map of where to meet him the next day to pick up his season seat! When I met him, he also gave me train tickets to the ground and back. My family and their mates could not believe it, now they call me "jammy whats-it" whatever the hell that means.

Walking from the station up to the ground was a great sight. It must be intimidating for away supporters, SO GORGEOUS! Built into a hill and with the light coming from behind, it looked like some sort of silver beacon. I found a stuart, and was ushered in through glass doors and up to the second level pub on the west side to get a few in me before kick off. The seats were fantastic!! But the supporters were even better. Loud and chanting for the entire 90 mintues, it was electric!

To think that you folks were without a home for a decade, and all of the troubles that came with that, it was very satisfying to see such healthy atmosphere and support. The ‘Gulls went away 2-0 winners, the second goal being a set piece Screamer at my end that looked like it was going to take the net off.

I just want to thank all fantastic supporters I met in the ground, at the Queens Pub by the train station afterwards for the fantastic experience. The educated and passionate convos about the team, the warm, welcoming reception. It was magical, and I cant wait to come back! I took a video of the North v West stand chant to take back to my home club TORONTO FC (MLS, ya. . not great haha) , we tried it for the first time this week, and it was a great success. I will be following with great interest what happens this season and for the seasons to come, I hope BHA have even greater victories in the near future and cant wait to get back to the Amex for my next game. Hopefully I will be an expert in BHA knowledge by then!

SEAAAAGGGUULLLLSSSS !!!!!!!!

Video here:

http - youtube / NCNS-pdkogw (cant post links yet)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Great to know that the North stand/West stand chant is going international!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I came from Canada to the Amex for the POSH fixture, Sat Aug 27th and had such a fantastic experience that you now have a SEAGULLS supporter for LIFE! Can’t wait to come next year!
I came back to the UK for a month, under the rouse of going to a family wedding in Hertfordshire and to see all my family folks, I get over every 2 years or so. . it just so happened that the occasion was Aug 20th, so the football season was underway, and the trip was booked. At the Wedding the best man was a POSH supporter. When it was discovered that I would be in Brighton the same time and was going to find a way to the match to support the ‘Gulls he offered for his misses to take us shopping while he went to the football. . .ya. . . right, thanks. As there was NO way I was going to the game, it was sold out and it was a waste of time to even try.

When I arrived in Brighton, I went to the club shop (by the clock) picked up a scarf and was unsuccessful at getting a ticket. That night at the pubs I was complaining up and down for the lack of scalpers or "Touts" when to my surprise a lad piped up saying he was a supporter. We got talking football (mostly how impressed I was with Mack-smith and Noone) and he proceeded to draw me a map of where to meet him the next day to pick up his season seat! When I met him, he also gave me train tickets to the ground and back. My family and their mates could not believe it, now they call me "jammy whats-it" whatever the hell that means.

Walking from the station up to the ground was a great sight. It must be intimidating for away supporters, SO GORGEOUS! Built into a hill and with the light coming from behind, it looked like some sort of silver beacon. I found a stuart, and was ushered in through glass doors and up to the second level pub on the west side to get a few in me before kick off. The seats were fantastic!! But the supporters were even better. Loud and chanting for the entire 90 mintues, it was electric!

To think that you folks were without a home for a decade, and all of the troubles that came with that, it was very satisfying to see such healthy atmosphere and support. The ‘Gulls went away 2-0 winners, the second goal being a set piece Screamer at my end that looked like it was going to take the net off.

I just want to thank all fantastic supporters I met in the ground, at the Queens Pub by the train station afterwards for the fantastic experience. The educated and passionate convos about the team, the warm, welcoming reception. It was magical, and I cant wait to come back! I took a video of the North v West stand chant to take back to my home club TORONTO FC (MLS, ya. . not great haha) , we tried it for the first time this week, and it was a great success. I will be following with great interest what happens this season and for the seasons to come, I hope BHA have even greater victories in the near future and cant wait to get back to the Amex for my next game. Hopefully I will be an expert in BHA knowledge by then!

Video here:

That made me go all warm and SQUIDGY

Top bombing Technorgasm, glad you had such a cracking day. :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
(a small point of order though - we are never referred to as the 'Gulls'. The Gulls are Torquay United, a little club to be found on the south-west coast of England, and are near-permanent residents of the basement division).

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
what did you say the stewards name was?

Technorgasm

Sep 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
what did you say the stewards name was?

There were 3 of them. . each named Stu. . I think one of them was drunk, and one of them deaf.. . . . lol.

Seagulls, gotcha.

another point. We just had a new ground built (in 2007) 25,000 capacity, BMO field, . . . I am GREEN with envy over your fantastic Roof, keeps the noise in and makes it SO much louder!!! . . our season is during the summer, and a break from the 35% heat would be most welcome also.

Video here:

:facepalm:another jcl

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
In fairness to him, Easy, and with due deference to your point of order, he'd actually called us the 'Gulls, and that apostrophe clearly indicates the abbreviation of the word. So he was actually OK. Just.

Thanks for your kind comments, Technorgasm. Always nice to hear others are spreading the word far and wide. 'Silver beacon', indeed. How beautifully put. :amex:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Maybe we should also acknowledge the OP? So on behalf of BHA fans, you're welcome mate! Hope it all works out for you guys.

Top story from Technorgasm as well!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There were 3 of them. . each named Stu. . I think one of them was drunk, and one of them deaf.. . . . lol.

Seagulls, gotcha.

another point. We just had a new ground built (in 2007) 25,000 capacity, BMO field, . . . I am GREEN with envy over your fantastic Roof, keeps the noise in and makes it SO much louder!!! . . our season is during the summer, and a break from the 35% heat would be most welcome also.

It looks better than Prohibition Stadium ever did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here