Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a few brighton/palace rivalry questions to help me out

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Hi,

my friend is doing a uni project on the brighton palace rivalry and wants answers to these questions. so if you could do it, it would be a big help!

1) How long have you been a Brighton fan?
2) Are you aware of the origin of the rivalry between BHAFC and Crystal Palace, or as a Brighton fan, do you just accept and practice it?
3) Can you please describe a typical Brighton V Crystal Palace match day?
4) Have you ever been involved in any hooliganism at Brighton V Crystal Palace games?
5) If you could sum up Crystal Palace Football Club in three words, what would they be?

Also if you could put your age as well

thank you :moo:

1 over 40 years
2 first noticed it 1973 a friendly game at the goldstone,went up a level 76/77 cup tie at stamford bridge
3 the typical day has changed for me but in the old days up to 150 meeting up in haywards heath nice an early, join train with another 400/500 on board and walk from east croydon to selhurst.
4:angel:
5 CRYSTAL PALACE ARE THE NEAREST THING TO BRIGHTON,HENCE THE RIVALRY WAS SO EXCITING,SAME CROWD SIZE,SAME MOB SIZE,TEAMS BOTH DOING WELL,LIKE TWINS REALLY.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
1) How long have you been a Brighton fan? Since childhood
2) Are you aware of the origin of the rivalry between BHAFC and Crystal Palace, or as a Brighton fan, do you just accept and practice it? Yes I'm aware of the origin, but as I wasn't around a part of it is accept and follow 25%?
3) Can you please describe a typical Brighton V Crystal Palace match day? Day only is excitement, travel to a pub, chat with friends over football/palace etc, go to game, Give out banter, have a laugh/watching game - Plenty of build up pre match in the weeks coming upto it.
4) Have you ever been involved in any hooliganism at Brighton V Crystal Palace games? No.
5) If you could sum up Crystal Palace Football Club in three words, what would they be? Administration, Embarrassment, Dump

For the record I doubt many would admit to being a hooli on a public forum also so the results may be skewed abit.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
1) since the 80's
2) palace were called The Glaziers and changed there name to eagles so in response Brighton formally known as dolphins changed to seagulls
3) Hostile
4) In self defense
5) Pikey cheating scum

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
1) Forty three years.
2) I remember how it started, Palace cheating on the pitch although now they tend to do it off the pitch with their multitude of creditors.
3) Simple, the good guys wear blue and white, the bad guys are the foul smelling, inbred, illegitimate sons (and daughters) of 'travellers'.
4) Yes thanks.
5) Shining example of excrament.

1) Forty three years.
2) I remember how it started, Palace cheating on the pitch although now they tend to do it off the pitch with their multitude of creditors.
3) Simple, the good guys wear blue and white, the bad guys are the foul smelling, inbred, illegitimate sons (and daughters) of 'travellers'.
4) Yes thanks.
5) Shining example of excrament.

let it go fa! its not worth it!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why would anyone to a "uni project" on this? About as useful as doing a degree in theatre design. :nono:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Hi,

my friend is doing a uni project on the brighton palace rivalry and wants answers to these questions. so if you could do it, it would be a big help!

1) How long have you been a Brighton fan?
2) Are you aware of the origin of the rivalry between BHAFC and Crystal Palace, or as a Brighton fan, do you just accept and practice it?
3) Can you please describe a typical Brighton V Crystal Palace match day?
4) Have you ever been involved in any hooliganism at Brighton V Crystal Palace games?
5) If you could sum up Crystal Palace Football Club in three words, what would they be?

Also if you could put your age as well

1. 12 years.
2. I am aware of the origin.
3. Much like any other only with more police, more swearing and more caravans.
4. No.
5. Total f**king c**ts.

Oh, and I'm 25.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Agree, Its probably the old bill trying to profile people.

:lolol: its definitely not that!! Its for a friend and as university topics go it is pretty interesting! Either way I was just helping someone out but if you are suspicious then I am not forcing you to

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Hi,

1) How long have you been a Brighton fan?Long enough to know better. since 1975
2) Are you aware of the origin of the rivalry between BHAFC and Crystal Palace, or as a Brighton fan, do you just accept and practice it? Aware??? I was there !
3) Can you please describe a typical Brighton V Crystal Palace match day? yes I can
4) Have you ever been involved in any hooliganism at Brighton V Crystal Palace games? no
5) If you could sum up Crystal Palace Football Club in three words, what would they be? -Three is one word too many!

Age - Old enough to know betterl

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
:lolol: its definitely not that!! Its for a friend and as university topics go it is pretty interesting! Either way I was just helping someone out but if you are suspicious then I am not forcing you to

Jeez they DO talk total bollocks at university nowadays

D

Deleted member 18477

1) 10 years.
2) I am aware of the origin.
3) Nutty.
4) I try to keep me nut down - i've defended myself...
5) Poo, Dump, Shit

1) 33 years.
2) I am aware and It's the way it should be.
3) Hostile, the way it should be.
4) In my youth, somewhere near the back trying to look hard.
5) St John Ambulance.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
1. 39 years.
2. Yes - I experienced its development first hand.
3. Full of bile & hatred but a thrilling atmosphere.
4. I've been unwillingly caught up in it.
5. The absolute pits.

Age 47

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. All my life.
2. Yes.
3. Electric.
4. No.
5. Terry & June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports