Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gerry Ryan
Hans Kraay
Garry Nelson

Since then there have been players I liked and those I enjoyed watching, but for some reason I never had a favourite player. I thought maybe because I was getting older and perhaps less infatuated with football.

Then out of the blue last night during the Woking game I realised that Elliott Bennett is my favourite player at the Albion. No doubt - no debate. I think he's great.

Superb footballer, of course, but a character. A passionate player who gives a damn. Generally plays fairly and with a smile. Determined but with flair. A good winger but even better when he is dictating play and pulling the strings as he has been this season. I genuinely think he cares about his team mates and about Brighton. He looked and behaved like the skipper on the pitch last night.

I hope he continues to grow as a player and that he stays with us. And that with him, we'll be playing in the top league in the not-too distant future.

I know that this whiffs of man-love but I wanted to share my thoughts. The man's an absolute diamond and a legend in the making.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
mine was over last 27 years
Jimmy Case
Steve Penney
Danny Wilson
Clive Walker
John Byrne
Jeff Minton
Rod Thomas
Bobby Zamora
Danny Cullip
and now probably Elliott Bennett and Inigo Calderon

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He is ACES.

Seriously quick.
As hard woking a wide man as I can ever remember.
Brilliant dead ball delivery.
PENCHANT for spectacular strikes.
By all accounts, a charming MODEST young man.

Oh, and my wife commented last night, that he was very 'neat and tidy'!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Been watching 33 years . Never really got in to the favourite player thing . Obviously liked the likes of nelson , bobby, kuipers etc . However have to say just love the way calderon plays the game .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep. He REALLY cares about this club. Good to see.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Couldn't get to the game last night but watching on ESPN noticed without even thinking about it that Elliott really is top notch.

Three stand out moments:-

1) Mazey run across field, ended in a rough but fair challenge that went out for a goal kick, both players end up on their arses but Bennett gets up, no whinging and pats his Woking compatriot on the back and jogs off - Footballing class.

2) Scores equaliser and immediately runs to Murray then back to half way along past the Albion hoardes shouting "come on" and gesturing for louder support in a proper "we're in this together" manner.

3) Battipiedi hits the bar and cuts a modestly disconsolate figure trotting back to the centre circle. Who's there to greet him offerring words of encouragement and clapping him all the way? Mr Bennett.

The man is simply exciting, effective, intelligent, young, talented and f***ing BRILLIANT.

Contract extension please TB!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Couldn't get to the game last night but watching on ESPN noticed without even thinking about it that Elliott really is top notch.

Three stand out moments:-

1) Mazey run across field, ended in a rough but fair challenge that went out for a goal kick, both players end up on their arses but Bennett gets up, no whinging and pats his Woking compatriot on the back and jogs off - Footballing class.

2) Scores equaliser and immediately runs to Murray then back to half way along past the Albion hoardes shouting "come on" and gesturing for louder support in a proper "we're in this together" manner.

3) Battipiedi hits the bar and cuts a modestly disconsolate figure trotting back to the centre circle. Who's there to greet him offerring words of encouragement and clapping him all the way? Mr Bennett.

The man is simply exciting, effective, intelligent, young, talented and f***ing BRILLIANT.

Contract extension please TB!

Exactly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely spot on. In a good team he still manages to stand out most weeks and his attitude really is first class. He's so mature for his age on and off the pitch, as has been said I thought he looked like the unofficial captain last night. I honestly think hes got a massive future if he carries on working hard and developing the way he is, hopefully that will be with us

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is his brother any good?

Imagine if we could have another one just like him.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The thing I loved about last night is that when we were sloppy at the back he seemed to be there to collect it and bring it vfoward with pace and usually doing something with it. I am honoured to share the same second name as such a magical, magical person.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He's been my favourite for longer. And I love him more.

So there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is his brother any good?

Imagine if we could have another one just like him.

The youth team coaches at Wolves apparently rated Kyle higher at one point, and he is getting absultely rave reviews in L2 at Bury right now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just think of all the prats who voted Crofts as player of the season last year.

Bennett was the stand out last season and should hopefully ROMP it this season if there was any Justice. With Painter 2nd and Calde third.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Premiership within 3 years.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Been watching 33 years . Never really got in to the favourite player thing . Obviously liked the likes of nelson , bobby, kuipers etc . However have to say just love the way calderon plays the game .
Well then, they were your FAVOURITE players !!. :p:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here