Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A debate on ticket prices

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A lot of folks are putting the poor gates down to high ticket prices. I don't necessarily disagree with them. £25 quid IS expensive.

However I'd like to put this in perspective, but I need some help.

Today £25 will get you into an Albion game. What else will it do?
How many loaves of bread will it buy you? I don't know, I never pay attention to bread prices.
It will get you 25 liters of petrol.
5 Zone One travel cards on the Underground.
How many pints of beer? Again, I've personally got no idea.

Anyway, if we compare this with say the 1980s, the 1970s, the 1960s, what did a game at the Goldstone cost? What did some of the above items cost as a comparison?

Would be an interesting exercise if someone has the facts.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
A loaf of bread from tesco/sains etc 92-95 pence local shop £1.10 or more around about 25 loafs. Beer not sure £2.50-£3.00 a pint maybe,a show pending who you go and watch I saw G4 with wife cost £54 jhat was cheap,any top acts cost you around £50 just to get in thats each,went saw phantom of the opera that was £45 each,and that was at bucket prices, I can see your point.Myself I would pay the price for the tickets they charge to see our beloved ALBION,no can do at the moment as I have been off work sick and only get SSP £72.55 per week since May this year,other than that I would pay the going price I may sound mad but its the price you have to pay now a days to support your club and I love them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As posted on another thread - a season ticket cost less than £10 per week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here