Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A club built on goodwill?

The albion had a great start in the new stadium with the fans feeling great about the way the club was run and responding in great numbers as season ticket holders and also with the volume of spends inside the stadium.Has the club managed to destroy the goodwill with its pricing and attitude to the loyal sussex public,it seems they have totally misread the footballing public,we are not a fashionable premiere side that attract football tourist at any price,we are fans that have an emotional investment in the club and many of us have been pushed with the amount of season tickets bought to include the kids,now it feels we are treated as a cash cow to be milked at will but this has backfired with the Newcastle pricing but most importantly a loss of goodwill.
The goose has been killed it appears.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The formula for "Return of the Rev" posts, see which post was popular over the week/weekend and repost the exact same thread with a different, and often more controversial slant on it. So predictable :yawn:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
WE BUILT THIS CITY

We built this city on rock and roll

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The formula for "Return of the Rev" posts, see which post was popular over the week/weekend and repost the exact same thread with a different, and often more controversial slant on it. So predictable :yawn:

This board needs a thread starter throttle - maximum of two per day

the formula for "return of the rev" posts, see which post was popular over the week/weekend and repost the exact same thread with a different, and often more controversial slant on it. So predictable :yawn:

because no one has done that before,80% of nsc is recycled and the other 20% unknown because of my ignore button,why not try the ignore function it works really well:)

Agree to a point Rev, we have reached the tipping point now.

It will all depend on the attendance of the Newcastle game as to wether the club has got it's pricing structure correct, I don't think they have but am hoping to be proved wrong because it means that even if I don't go to cup games someone will be there in my seat and it's paid for. The goodwill will always remain from me, even if I am priced out, the club HAS to move forward and I hope it does but it remains to be seen if it moves forward with me or without me.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Rev has a point we need to get the balance right and move forward together I know the Rev was one of the few that went to Gillingham for every game and ran a coach. I think the point he is making is lets not price out our new and future fans also. existing fans because it may take a few more seasons to get to the Premiership which the costs will be much higher. Bring on Newcastle a good test for our team.:amex::falmer::albion2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Agree to a point Rev, we have reached the tipping point now.

It will all depend on the attendance of the Newcastle game as to wether the club has got it's pricing structure correct, I don't think they have but am hoping to be proved wrong because it means that even if I don't go to cup games someone will be there in my seat and it's paid for. The goodwill will always remain from me, even if I am priced out, the club HAS to move forward and I hope it does but it remains to be seen if it moves forward with me or without me.

Right now they don't have to give a toss as there are plenty of people still gagging to get into the ground. It doesn't even need to be a sell out as they are way over their budgeted break even attendances.
The same thing happened at Withdean in the first couple of seasons with the old guard.
When you find that they start to take 'customer' service more seriously is if or when attendances start to drop but will the goodwill have evaporated by then.
I think what disappoints me most is the attitude of the one person who should still have empathy with the fans, considering where he came from, who Atilla described quite well as 'Poacher turned gamekeeper'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right now they don't have to give a toss as there are plenty of people still gagging to get into the ground. It doesn't even need to be a sell out as they are way over their budgeted break even attendances.
The same thing happened at Withdean in the first couple of seasons with the old guard.
When you find that they start to take 'customer' service more seriously is if or when attendances start to drop but will the goodwill have evaporated by then.
I think what disappoints me most is the attitude of the one person who should still have empathy with the fans, considering where he came from, who Atilla described quite well as 'Poacher turned gamekeeper'.

Confused, name this "one" oerson

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The £39 for my WSL seat at Newcastle just before Xmas is an amount I have refused to pay, considering it only costs me £30 for each game in the League. Had it not been on telly, I would have thought twice, but this close to xmas I can't afford it. The club have slightly damaged their pricing reputation in my eyes, and it doesn't sit well with me. I understand we need to make money, but I do hope that a severe drop in attendence for this game will show the club that they got it wrong.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In short the answer is no.

Remember where we have come from. What would you rather have?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have two season tickets in west stand upper but have two others in the family who want to go sometimes. Unless I can get some cheapies that's not going to happen as often as I would like. I'm leaving the Newcastle game alone at 66 nicker and would have done even if it wasn't on the tv. The club need to get this pricing malarkey just right or when the slump comes- as it inevitably does after a couple of seasons in a new stadium - they might find gates dropping alarmingly. Unless of course we hit the premier league and then the poor folk can be replaced with lots and lots of middle class types who just love footie.

the £39 for my wsl seat at newcastle just before xmas is an amount i have refused to pay, considering it only costs me £30 for each game in the league. Had it not been on telly, i would have thought twice, but this close to xmas i can't afford it. The club have slightly damaged their pricing reputation in my eyes, and it doesn't sit well with me. I understand we need to make money, but i do hope that a severe drop in attendence for this game will show the club that they got it wrong.

but how is it making money if it stops people going,its not a good habit to start missing games and with the resentment that it can bring you can have a knock on affect!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I remember a Leeds United supporter telling me back in the early 90's how they were shifting season ticket holders - and the Club would regret it. We both agreed the Club would regret it.

I doubt they do.

If you do not feel the Newcastle game is worth the money - don't go.

In short the answer is no.

Remember where we have come from. What would you rather have?

I really do hate this argument, some of us look back at the Withdean years with great fondness, not because of the quality of the team/stadium or facilities but because we were a bunch of fans willing to spend money on our team because it was OUR team.

It didn't matter who you were, how much money you had we were all there for the same reason, The Albion. Now I look around and wonder how many of these people would, if the worst happened again, come back and sit in the freezing rain at Withdean, not many I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here