Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Burgess Hill question

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Coming off the A23 in a slightly different place the other day to go and visit my brother, I drove past a sign to the Burgess Hill Tourist Information Centre.

Why is there a Burgess Hill TIC, and what is it promoting?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Does presuppose some level of tourism, tho...

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I believe it serves much the same purpose as the Haywards Heath tourist information centre, in that they can provide confused foreigners with directions to Brighton.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do they have all-inclusive resorts in Burgess Hill or is it all self-catering?

D

Deleted User X18H

The Burgess Hill (or Bugs Hole) TIC will enlighten you to all the Chav Pubs in the town such as the Top House and The Railway, it will describe the wonderful architecture of the AMEX Building, but above all it will show you where you can hang around on street corners or a woefully inadequte shopping centre moaning about how pissed off you are that you can't afford to live in Brighton and Hove.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tourist Information Centres surely cover the wider area, not just the town in which they are located.

I got my Longleat leaflet from the Burgess Hill Tourist Information Centre, showing just how much there is to do nearby!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, the Palace Pier is listed amongst its tourist attractions on that site. Not only is it out of date, it would also appear to be wildly inaccurate.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This was kind of the point of the thread. Surely there has to be SOMETHING in the actual place of the Centre? There is another one at H Heath which must have more claim to representing Bluebell Railway/Sheffield Park etc.

Burgess Hill is also claiming Lewes Castle as an attraction, which can't be right. Basically - they have nothing.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I used to say there were three reasons to go to Burgess Hill.

It has an Uncle Sams, a Gametrader and an Exit.

However as someone recently informed me, the Gametrader has gone, so now there are only 2 reasons.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I used to live in the oldest house in Burgess Hill, unlike me its still there.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's like Seaford but without the lovely seafront, nice countryside, decent shops and the golf courses, oh and the cliffs, pubs and great people. In fact it's pretty crap really. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here