Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit stunned!

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
Norwich supporter - stunned to find his team in the prem!

Will still be coming to your new stadium to see a game (as I have posted loads) and looking forward to it.

Tough Championship league next season, Ipswich/Leicester strengthening, Wets Ham etc probably down, and the play off teams will still be there abouts - but you have a great manager, so who knows - we did it!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Congratulations Norwich, good luck for next season!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
When you look at the side as well, so many players who have played a lot of the careers in League One or lower: Zak Whitbread, Marc Tierney, Russell Martin, David Fox, Andrew Crofts, Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson.

It just goes to show, if they're the right players, they don't need to be tried and tested higher level players. Hopefully Gus can pick out the cream of the crop from this level to help us build sensibly rather than spunking money on over the hill big timers after one last pay cheque.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Good luck but keep your hands off Bennett.......bet that fan who threw away his season ticket after the first game against Colchester is spitting blood now !!!!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
When you look at the side as well, so many players who have played a lot of the careers in League One or lower: Zak Whitbread, Marc Tierney, Russell Martin, David Fox, Andrew Crofts, Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson.

It just goes to show, if they're the right players, they don't need to be tried and tested higher level players. Hopefully Gus can pick out the cream of the crop from this level to help us build sensibly rather than spunking money on over the hill big timers after one last pay cheque.

Just goes to show the importance of a very good team rather than just very good individuals. I think thats gone in our favour too this season......maybe we can follow in Norwich's footsteps!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Superb performance, no doubt about it, good luck next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Spot on Turkey, which is why we should ignore the fools on here clamouring for signings like Kevin Philips and such.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
would be very surprised if Bennett doesn`t join you now.

oh yeah and well done i backed you each way at 25s at start of season, only pocket money mind.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
In regards to Bennett, I'm thinking the other way.....if they had stayed down they would want him but as a Prem side, Benno is surely not the answer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In regards to Bennett, I'm thinking the other way.....if they had stayed down they would want him but as a Prem side, Benno is surely not the answer.
Yes he is, sadly. My guess is that he'll be off to Norwich for around £3m.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think that Norwich going up is good news for us. I really cant see Norwich going for Benno now as they will need to buy some Premier experiance, not the best player in Div 1. Also if I was Benno think I would rather play and improve in Championship, than warm a bench in East Anglia. Hope I am correct.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that Norwich going up is good news for us. I really cant see Norwich going for Benno now as they will need to buy some Premier experiance, not the best player in Div 1. Also if I was Benno think I would rather play and improve in Championship, than warm a bench in East Anglia. Hope I am correct.

Nice idea but as a Premiership player his pay would be significantly greater than what we could offer him, not to mention the opportunity to play at the top.

Contracts apparently mean something to Poyet and Bloom, but once again a player could fall into a trap of believing the short term is the best opportunity for them to grasp for.

However from the other point of view, it depends on how our club shows its' league ambitions in the near future.
It's brilliant to have a new stadium with comfy chairs, but it's dog eat dog in football and we could watch the best players leeched away from us still - making it a struggle aspiring to eventually join the clubs that poach them.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I went to the game last night. Congratulations to Norwich. Not a vintage performance but well-organised and took advantage of the absolutely DIRE showing from Portsmouth (we would beat the easily (again) on last night's showing.) Had a chat with a few Norwich fans after the game too - really nice people, all said good things about Brighton and said they were sad that they wouldn't be playing us next season. I told them Bennett was crap.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Norwich were planning for Premier League football when they made the bid for Bennett in January.
If they didn`t think he could cut it in the PL they wouldn`t have tried to buy him.

Elliott will clearly want the opportunity to join them, more money and playing against the best every week.
At least we should get a far bigger fee now than we would have got in January.
I think anyone who believes that Elliott Bennett will be playing for us next season is clutching at straws or deluded.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed. Norwich weren't going to buy him on a short six month lease.

They, apparently, have a manageable debt level and aren't going to be signing players on gigantic wages and massive transfer fees. Bennett would still surely be a target. Shame as I would love to see how he gets on at Amex and our wider pitch.

Also agree with Turkey. People are already stating who won't cut it in the Championship without even giving them a chance to prove otherwise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here