Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit of Falmer finds its' way to Molineux

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I hope they keep the name of the stand as Stan Cullis as he once played in a friendly for Ringmer against Lewes and Ringmer won 9 -0 ,after that game Lewes refused to play Ringmer in any more friendlies only in county games or cups! Stan Cullis was going out with a girl (the landlord of the cock ) at Ringmer at the time !! my old man as there at the game and always had a few jars with Mr Cullis when he was down...

Good find btw but @ £40 per sheet and if your using say 150 sheets = £6k ,even if it cost a grand to get them de-nailed and up their another grand that would be £4k saving it all counts these days!!

Last edited:

I hope they keep the name of the stand as Stan Cullis as he once played in a friendly for Ringmer against Lewes and Ringmer won 9 -0 ,after that game Lewes refused to play Ringmer in any more friendlies only in county games or cups! Stan Cullis was going out with a girl (the landlord of the cock ) at Ringmer at the time !! my old man as there at the game and always had a few jars with Mr Cullis when he was down...

Good find btw but @ £40 per sheet and if your using say 150 sheets = £6k ,even if it cost a grand to get them de-nailed and up their another grand that would be £4k saving it all counts these days!!

And it's already painted (and graffiti'd)!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Stan Cullis' son was the vicar at the church attached to my old middle school in Dorking - there is a whole generation of kids who grew up there who if you mention the name 'Cullis' don't immediately think of Wolves, but of Fold-Away-Fred and Luminous Lucy...

(random post for the day)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
50,000 capacity as well I think. The redeveloped one anyway.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just shown it to my deputy editor who is a Wolves fan ... he is seething to get over there and paint it out!!!!!!!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Carbon copy of Celtic Park but brown instead of green, hardly inspired really.

Isn't that a bit like saying that the Amex is a carbon copy of the Galpharm - clearly not true apart from very superficial similarities?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Some absolute MONGFACE has painted our lovely hoardings old gold and black. I nearly cried.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Knocking down the Stan Cullis 'North bank' stand (in background in picture 1) and rebuilding it. Then they are knocking down the Steve Bull (which runs the length of the pitch) and also rebuilding and infilling the corner. They plan, eventually, to have three new stands with the corners in-between filled. However, they are doing it one stand at a time, in order to ensure that the finances are in place.

First stage (with just the one end rebuilt):
Molineux_new5-300x200.jpg

Final product:
molineux-plans.jpg

I wonder why they aren't planning to do the last stand? Is it the original-original stand that was Grade II listed?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wonder why they aren't planning to do the last stand? Is it the original-original stand that was Grade II listed?

Not at all (it was built in 1992), they only really have the funds to do the first 2, possibly 3, stands. The rest is dependent on continued Premier League survival and also on ticket sales. I suspect it will be done eventually - just not for 10 years or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here