Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A Bit Of Americana For Your Indulgence

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
A little exercise here for you to have a go at. Come up with any songs that have the name of a U.S. state in the title or in the lyrics. The proviso being that you name the song and the artist(s) who performed it, and the line naming the state. A couple of examples to go on with :

California Dreaming - The Mamas and Papas

Get Back - The Beatles (JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona)

You get the drift, over to you. :thumbsup:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I first heard this song when young and thinking of America as a dream place to go to. A few mentions of places but I remember that I thought the New Jersey Turnpike sounded romantic. Imagine my disappointment when decades later I went through it :lolol:

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I first heard this song when young and thinking of America as a dream place to go to. A few mentions of places but I remember that I thought the New Jersey Turnpike sounded romantic. Imagine my disappointment when decades later I went through it :lolol:

A depressingly straight, expensive and boring road. Garden State Parkway less straight, less expensive and slightly less boring the further south you go.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Amarillo
Route 66
San Francisco (wear some flowers in your hair)
Let’s Go To San Francisco
I left my heart in San Francisco

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I thought this already was North Sacramento Chat the amount of times we see 'License' used on here, not to mention 'Defense' last week. Next you'll be calling films 'movies' for fark's ache.

As you were.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The first band that came to mind - The Band

Mississippi, Louisiana, California - Up on Cripple Creek
Tennessee - The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down
Philadelphia - Atlantic city

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here