Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit of a plea....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Hi guys, I'm asking to the helpful nature of you lovely NSC'ers.

I have a friend of ours who has been made homeless, through domestic abuse. She has been offered a caravan to stay in for a couple of weeks, until she gets on her feet, but she has no where to put it!!!! She has the ability to get to pretty much anywhere, but unfortunately most sites either are for tourists only, or are waterlogged Do any of you chaps have a bit of land, or something like that for a reasonable rental??? It would make my day if we can help her out. Sorry for asking, but I am trying any avenue I can.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think you can park a caravan just about anywhere in B&H and the council will be along to provide you with a toilet and take away your rubbish at no extra charge.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I thought if you turned up to the council housing/benefit office and declare yourself homeless, they are legally obliged to house you?
Would this be a better alternative for your friend?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
There shouldn't be ANY homelessness in this day and age for ANY reason.
Kick the bastard who abused her out and give her the house the poor woman why should she move out !!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Kick the bastard who abused her out and give her the house the poor woman why should she move out !!!!

This, with bells on. I hate wife beaters... Name and shame the bastard?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Well, no. Or there would be no homeless people!

I thought the case was, many of the homeless would rather have the 100 odd quid (benefit cash) in their pockets for booze and drugs rather than that benefit money going towards their rent, therefore being homeless.
Or am I way off?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
The council are obliged to help anyone who is deemed as vulnerable. If your friend has made a complaint about domestic abuse she will be seen as "vulnerable". However housing is extremely difficult in Brighton and depending on her circumstances she would probably be put in temporary accommodation for a while. This could be a B&B or a studio flat. My advice would be to go to the local housing officer and declare the homelessness situation. At least then her name is on the list if something does come up. Good luck to her. Hope she finds somewhere soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

But then the bastard would be homeless, thus negating your initial sentence.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought the case was, many of the homeless would rather have the 100 odd quid (benefit cash) in their pockets for booze and drugs rather than that benefit money going towards their rent, therefore being homeless.
Or am I way off?

Way off I'm afraid.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i have a car park out the front of me that can house six cars only ever has 2 in it, its part of the housing people round here, but i cant see why it would be an issue considering the car park is empty 90% of the time.

I am in Denton though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here