Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bird has just flown straight through our window

Lush

Mods' Pet
My daughter just turned the light on in our bathroom to find glass all over the floor, a dead blackbird and a bird-sized hole in the window.

Seems a bit weird. Has this happened to anyone else? ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blackbird you say ?
Damn. For a second there I thought it might have been BRUCE.

My daughter just turned the light on in our bathroom to find glass all over the floor, a dead blackbird and a bird-sized hole in the window.

I used to get birds hitting the front window of my through lounge. They could see the countryside through the rear picture window and must have thought it was an open tunnel! I solved the problem by keeping the Venetian blind down. I'm surprised your glass shattered - mine was never damaged.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It happened at work about a month ago. Straight through the window, glass on the floor, glass over someones desk

Also about 3 months ago at work, a similar thing happened, but no smashed glass, just an owl shaped smudge on the window, and a dead on owl on the grass 3 floors down from the window.

I tried not to laugh, but the imprint on the window was PERFECT, face turned slightly to the right, the outline of the round face, and a perfect smudge of the wing span at full stretch :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bird once flew into my brother-in-laws car, through an open window. Whilst he was DRIVING on a MOTORWAY. The bird couldn't get out, panicked, and shat itself all over the inside of the car (and all over his suit) as it flapped around.

That was unlucky wasn't it.

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Yes.

Happened to us on Saturday.
A big pidgeon swooped down the length of the back garden straight into the (closed) patio doors.

He was a bit stunned to say the least, but after a couple of minutes got up, shook himself down, and limped down the garden path trying to maintain a modicum of dignity.

He managed to fly about 30 minutes later on the third attempt.

Are birds getting more stupid?
I dont remember any great spate of birds flying into windows when I were a lad!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Blackbird you say ?
Damn. For a second there I thought it might have been BRUCE.

hes gone...let it go :(

50405801.bird_imprint.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Thats how it started in the Hitchcock film.
Let those Lovebirds out quick.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
imprint.jpg

May he rest eternally in birdy heaven :angel:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
We had a similar thing as Brett at one of the windows in my house, except it wasnt an owl.

Was quite funny to see the perfect shape and individual feathers on the window!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Incidentally, there's a lack of songthrushes around nowadays.

Any ideas as to why?

Too much canesten in the environment?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Incidentally, there's a lack of songthrushes around nowadays.

Any ideas as to why?

Not in my garden. As I sit at my desk I can watch a pair busily stripping berries out of a hedge. Lovely birds and surprisingly large.

(Apparently they are on the decline though - predation from cats and loss of habitat - hedges - seems to be the big issue)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here