Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Beginners Guide to Huddersfield...

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
...for visitors!

Something to consider when visiting Huddersfield tomorrow!

Huddersfield is a northern town with its roots firmly planted in the England's great industrial past. Be prepared! The population often use 'industrial language' and see themselves as hardworking uncomplicated people who speak their minds. DON'T be alarmed by this! This is how they are! However, if you are polite and respectful towards them, they will be polite and helpful in return.

Not surprisingly perhaps the 'locals' do not take kindly to individuals who do not respect their age old customs and characteristics indeed if visitors show signs of disrespect in any way they will learn that industrial England can be a bleak and woeful place.:p

That said, I'm sure all Brighton & HA fans will be prepared to suspend any 'northern' prejudices and stereotypes they might harbour and help keep the peace in what is, after all, God's Own County!:bowdown:

Kind Regards.

Have a great day and a safe journey!

Acetripper:clap2:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
...for visitors!

Something to consider when visiting Huddersfield tomorrow!

Huddersfield is a northern town with its roots firmly planted in the England's great industrial past. Be prepared! The population often use 'industrial language' and see themselves as hardworking uncomplicated people who speak their minds. DON'T be alarmed by this! This is how they are! However, if you are polite and respectful towards them, they will be polite and helpful in return.

Not surprisingly perhaps the 'locals' do not take kindly to individuals who do not respect their age old customs and characteristics indeed if visitors show signs of disrespect in any way they will learn that industrial England can be a bleak and woeful place.:p

That said, I'm sure all Brighton & HA fans will be prepared to suspend any 'northern' prejudices and stereotypes they might harbour and help keep the peace in what is, after all, God's Own County!:bowdown:

Kind Regards.

Have a great day and a safe journey!

Acetripper:clap2:

Can't understand him, is he talking in Northern? :jester:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• 08232-2.jpg
    08232-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 528

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Coincidently, my cousin Steve lives in Brighton! This is him about 50 years ago

Acetripper:bigwave:

Attachments

• cover.jpeg
    cover.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 492

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So Uddersfield fans are so polite, we won't be hearing any. Does your boyfiend know your here, chants and the like. E by gum.:salute:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is Huddersfield still in Black and White??

Dandyman

In London village.
Best place for a Black Pudding madras?

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Pubs in Hudders?

Errrrm... Depends what you're into really. If you want some great Real Ales the two bars adjacent to Huddersfield Railway Station. 'The Head of Steam' and 'The Kings Head' are brilliant. You won't get in wearing colours though! The 'Rat and Ratchet' and the 'Slubbers Arms' are great for real ale also but are some distance out of town.

Probably the best places are:

'The Market Tavern' on Leeds Road near enough to the ground. I think the cops direct away fans there. '

The Gas Club' on Gasworks Street leading to the Stadium is well liked by home and away fans. Cheap beer and food I think.

'Rickies Bar' on Leeds Road fairly near to the Stadium is away fan friendly too.

'The Rope Walk' behind the Panasonic Stand (opposite to the away end) is very away fan friendly and they do decent beer and food. Only problem is the queuing system for the bar mean it can take ages to get served!

The ones in Town are usually pretty 'home' fan orientated so I'd stay clear

Regards

Acetripper:D

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Was it a Huddersfield supporter that does those funny clips on a web site ? Was quite a funny one if i remember from when they visited the Withdean earlier this season.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
So Uddersfield fans are so polite, we won't be hearing any. Does your boyfiend know your here, chants and the like. E by gum.:salute:

Hey... We have our chavons and plenty of em' mate. They'll be the ones right and left of you in the stadium and they'll probably sing every embarrassing homophobic song you've ever heard too. BUT please remember the majority of us are fair minded football fans who are there for the game, to support our team and to wave OUR Legend Boothy off!

AceT:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here