Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£9 Billion for 2012

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the Olympics don't break even in 10 years it will be something else that can be blamed on Blair and Brown :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Worth every penny IMO.

It has been a FANTASTIC two weeks in every sense.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you throw a party and invite everyone you can't expect to be up on the deal. You have to put on a spread,that is what the host does. It is not just about money it is about peoples dreams, memories and moments in time that no one who loves sport will ever forget.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We spend £120b on the NHS and £200b on Social Services each year; so £9bn or 3% of the aforementioned total, whilst possibly paying for 90,000 nurses or 13 consultant anaesthetists does seem small beer in my book.
The rewards will be seen in 2020 and 2024 of that I have no doubt.

TNBA

TTF

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What I don't understand is why all the detractors make it sound like the money was set alight, as part of the Olympic flame, when the reality is that it has been injected into the economy. The money has been spent on the stadia, which is money to construction firms, which is money to designers, subcontractors, material suppliers, transport companies etc etc etc.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What I don't understand is why all the detractors make it sound like the money was set alight, as part of the Olymic flame, when the reality is that it has been injected into the economy. The money has been spent on the stadia, which is money to construction firms, which is money to designers, subcontractors, material suppliers, transport companies etc etc etc.

Where did we get the £9B quid from? I thought we were skint?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
What I don't understand is why all the detractors make it sound like the money was set alight, as part of the Olymic flame, when the reality is that it has been injected into the economy. The money has been spent on the stadia, which is money to construction firms, which is money to designers, subcontractors, material suppliers, transport companies etc etc etc.

Oh at last........ THIS

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Where did we get the £9B quid from? I thought we were skint?

We're not "skint" but we are attempting to limit our borrowing to avoid the rate at which we are able to borrow getting to the sort of high levels that Spain and Greece have been experiencing. The quantitive easing was therefore ended for a period, and while that has been returned to more recenly, it's to a lesser extent than we saw under the previous Government.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We're not "skint" but we are attempting to limit our borrowing to avoid the rate at which we are able to borrow getting to the sort of high levels that Spain and Greece have been experiencing. The quantitive easing was therefore ended for a period, and while that has been returned to more recenly, it's to a lesser extent than we saw under the previous Government.

I don't understand. So did we borrow the £9Billion quid?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't understand. So did we borrow the £9Billion quid?

Government income and expenditire is very rarely ring-fenced in that way, so there is no way of answering that. But suffice to say that without the Olympics our expenditure on unemployment benefits etc, would have been significantly higher.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And each session in the stadium must have generated getting on for £10m, so that's £20m each day in the stadium alone

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If you throw a party and invite everyone you can't expect to be up on the deal. You have to put on a spread,that is what the host does. It is not just about money it is about peoples dreams, memories and moments in time that no one who loves sport will ever forget.

And no one will forget 2012. I loved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here