Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

81% Possession???

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
The stats on Seagulls Player say that we had 81% of the possession on Saturday. If true, that is staggering. Wasn't able to go on Saturday - did it seem like that to you? Complete justification of Gus's tactics in my view.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not convinced we had that much possession, I thought Yeovil matched us pretty well until we scored. Most impressed with their no 21 too, a bit of a bully but he could play.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say about 70% at a guess. We were supremely comfortable throughout the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Certainly didn't feel that dominant to me. I'd be inclined to agree with billy's estimate.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm starting to believe all websites (BBC, ESPN, Seagulls World) use the same system to calculate the stats. Which wouldn't be suprising.

At half time the BBC site and the ESPN site had our possession as 92% - 8%. Which whilst funny, is obviously wrong.

Crazy that no-one has debated it, and are freely publishing it.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Football league paper says we had 82% possession. I checked the stat because I thought we had had a lot more than usual, particularly in 2nd half, but 82%.....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
81% seems high throughout the whole game, but wouldn't be surprised if that was the stat for the 5 mins leading up to our 1st goal. We seemed to be stringing 20+ passes together before Yeovil finally got a chance to hoof it 2 or 3 times before we got it back to do another 20-odd passes.

There were periods of the game where we were just toying with them.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
2nd half we absolutely dominated,but first half was pretty even.I would say 60 - 40

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Seems hard to believe, but Sky Sports, BBC Sport, and The Argus match reports all say that it was 81% possesion!

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
When I checked on the BBC about 10 minutes into the game it had us on 99% possession.

I think it was broken.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Glad someone else spotted this. When I read it in the Football league paper yesterday it did seem a bit dodgy. I reckon one person's misprint has been replicated all over the shop. I looked at all the other similar stats in the FL paper and the next highest was just over 60% ish. Must be a cock up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here