Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

75 Billion Quid Pumped Into The Economy By The Bank Of England. What If...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... they just gave each of us a million quid to spend as we saw fit?

'In the UK and Germany it is customary to increment the nomenclature of high numbers by millions, so a billion is 1 million million, or 1,000,000,000,000.
So, in those countries 75 billion would be 75,000,000,000,000'

Might have got me figures wrong by a factor of something, but say there's roughly 75 million people in the UK. The Bank of England wants to pump 75 billion quid into the economy.

What would ACTUALLY happen if they just bypassed the banks and gave us a million quid each instead of this 'trickle-down' bollocks?

Apologies in advance for being thick :down:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What would ACTUALLY happen if they just bypassed the banks and gave us a million quid each?

I think the common usage of billion is now the US version, i.e. 1,000 million = 1 billion.

In answer to your question, what would happen if they gave us a million quid each, inflation is what would happen!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
OOh great, the banks can spend it by speculating on commodity prices and drive up the price of copper, gold, oil, coffee and wheat, hats off to higher inflation.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I blame that clown Gordon Brown. When is this country going to get rid of the incompetent fool. A Tory government would make it a priority to balance the books and sort this mess out.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I blame that clown Gordon Brown. When is this country going to get rid of the incompetent fool. A Tory government would make it a priority to balance the books and sort this mess out.

That's not a good advert for the data transfer speeds of the HTC Wildfire ;-)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wasn't it only a couple of days ago that our Chancellor, Mr Osborne berated the last Labour government for spending more money than they had yet...... Under a Tory government they just create money that never existed ?

You sure it's not Margaret Thatcher´s fault?

Or possibly Mark McGhee?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It was on the cards which is why the European Bank sold off gold futures a few weeks back to drive the price down.

Its one big manipulation to protect currencies while they try and print their way out of trouble.

Why didn't Cameron give everyone the money to pay off our credit cards?

Why dont they give us the printed

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
They should just convert the 75billion into redeemable Green Shield Stamps which have to be spent within 3 months, toaster sales would go through the roof and the economy would be saved

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here