Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7.49pm and 3.04pm

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Last two Brighton kick off times.

Sort it out for fucks sakes, some of us have got homes to go to you know!!!

Last night they didn't even start coming down the steps until 7.45pm. Do they need to invest in a new clock for the ref's changing rooms or something!!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I would have got 2% less wet on Saturday if they had started at the correct time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last night, we may have kicked off at 7.49. By 7.55 there had still only ben two minutes of actual PLAY.

IDIOT ref.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Last night, we may have kicked off at 7.49. By 7.55 there had still only ben two minutes of actual PLAY.

IDIOT ref.

Yes I remarked at 8.15pm that we probably only seen 15 mins. Ref was a complete irritation throughout starting with not even managing to kick off on time!!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I have moaned before about these late kick offs. We are there ready, why cannot the ref & teams be ready? Is it down to the ref? Why do we need such a long half time? More time for us to get wet and cold.
There is so much more that football could do to improve the spectators experience.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have moaned before about these late kick offs. We are there ready, why cannot the ref & teams be ready? Is it down to the ref? Why do we need such a long half time? More time for us to get wet and cold.
There is so much more that football could do to improve the spectators experience.

Yes it is down to the ref.

The ref has responsibility for telling the teams when to make themselves ready to walk on the pitch (this is usually done by the ringing of a bell). The ref clearly knows where the pitch is (a little further away than most grounds) because he was there 20 minutes earlier warming up.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm posting on behalf of those who are invariably a few mins late out of the pub and this is incredibly useful - keep it up!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
If it is down to the referee, surely EVERY referee can't be late...
Perhaps they all underestimate how long it takes to walk from the changing rooms to the pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Insider's response to this a while ago.

Kick Off Time - North Stand Chat

Personally I think the club should offer some guidance as a new ref may not realise how bloody long it takes to get there etc. Clearly the common factor is the club and not the ref so a bit lame to blame the ref.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
And another thing - I have noticed that half-times, including Premiership, are now creeping up towards 20 minutes.

Watching Sky last night, I was staggered how long after all the other 7.45pm kick offs BHA's game finished.

Speaking as someone who is a bit fussy about punctuality, I'm very glad this issue has been raised.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anything that can be done to stop people having to push past others to leave to catch the bus has to be encouraged, as I know it wont stop, but kicking off late makes it more likely.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the withdean rush ? :lolol: , if results continue as they are there wont be any fucka there to rub up against in a manly way of course

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Anything that can be done to stop people having to push past others to leave to catch the bus has to be encouraged, as I know it wont stop, but kicking off late makes it more likely.

Surely people leave early to beat the crowds and queues, rather than because they are on the clock.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There were seven bookings last night. Each one took a minimum of two minutes for the ref to deliver his little lecture. Helluva long night.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Not bothered in the SLIGHTEST about kick off times. Apart from getting the train back, why does it matter if it kicks off at 3.03? :shrug:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Last night the late start was actually quite useful.

Having arrived at the bottom of Mill Road at 7.10, we still missed kick off as there were no busses!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a very simple issue here where the teams should come out 10 minutes before the KO so the handshakes photos etc can be completed so the actual KO is at the right time - not hard really to organise as we have a project manager building a football stadium but hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here