Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6-7/8/11 Anyone else keeping the whole weekend free in case its televised?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Or am I the only one who thinks it might be and as such played at a different time than 3pm Sat 6th.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Unlikely, I think. There would be no prem games on presumably, as the league kicks off a week earlier, but apart from Falmer, there would be no reason to show us normally as the first live game of the season on TV - I would think they would show one of the relegated teams, so it may depend on who we are playing. Either way, the TV schedule won't be published before the end of July.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Really hope this game is played 3pm on a Saturday, the PROPER time for a football match.
SKY can f*** off.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Have they come to an agreement over pride?

I understood they have changed it to the following weekend for one year to enable us to be at home the 1st weekend of the season, but no guarantee of it being 3pm Sat pm.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It could be on the BBC - I'm guessing their contract to show one Championship match per month is still good for next year.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It will kick off 3pm on August 6th. 100% guaranteed! Apart from anything else imagine the travel chaos with Sunday service on the trains! Also outside of our own fan base, there really is not much over interest in our fantastic new home.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If it's on tv it will be early kick off on the Saturday like stains Plymouth this season on opening day?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't care what time kick off is.

But it must be Sat 6th, no question.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Presumably both teams have to agree to the moving of a game for television reasons, as they get paid for it, so the club could just say no. Simple.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It hadn't really occurred to me (and lets not count any Championship chickens just yet, we're not even halfway through the season).

IF we go up though, and the fixture computer chucks a relegated Premiership club our way for that opening game, then there would definitely be a danger of it being bumped for the telly I reckons.

Anything other than 3pm on 6th August would be unacceptable for that first game in my view, but then I don't pay the bills there.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont think the club would turn down £30k-ish andall the extra exposure the game would bring, saying that, there really isnt much of a reason for anyone else outside of Brighton fans to care too much about our stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here