Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6,100 sellout?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
As i put on another thread ,i tried to get tickets for this but was told it was sold out and only 6,100 is given as the crowd.Now i know Wycombe probably didn't sell out,but was that only half the away bit.In previous seasons when we have had 'sell outs'it never really went below 6,600 but it seems to be getting lower and lower now.Can someone explain.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Some season ticket holders might be away over the festive period and couldn't get round to selling there ticket could explain a bit of a drop in the attendence

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No trains so difficult for some people to get there.
Raining and I know for a fact some people were ill.
Family pressures to attend get togethers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton rock said:

My Football Year book says Brighton had the 2nd best percentage attendance in Div 1 last season
95.01% of capacity

P*l*ce? 13th 64.11%

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
My Football Year book says Brighton had the 2nd best percentage attendance in Div 1 last season
95.01% of capacity

P*l*ce? 13th 64.11%

Being a bit sad,who had the top?..is it the scum from 45 miles west?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Also, perhaps the odd kick off time caught some out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There were two empty seats in U Block next to us but what shocked me the most were the empty seats in the North Stand. I don't know what block it is nearest the tunnel, but it was only about 60% full. I'd come down from London by coach so I don't think lack of public transport is an excuse.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Being a bit sad,who had the top?..is it the scum from 45 miles west?

It was, yes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie - Has it got Scottish teams in it? Dunno if Queens Park still play at Hampden Park but can't see anybody having a lower percentage anywhere. Me and me bruv went to watch Partick Thistle play them once many moons ago. It was middle of winter, about minus twenty degrees or something, a raging blizzard, and we had an entire uncovered side of the ground all to ourselves :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Yorkie - Has it got Scottish teams in it? Dunno if Queens Park still play at Hampden Park but can't see anybody having a lower percentage anywhere. Me and me bruv went to watch Partick Thistle play them once many moons ago. It was middle of winter, about minus twenty degrees or something, a raging blizzard, and we had an entire uncovered side of the ground all to ourselves :D

It gives the Scottish Prem and div 1 but no more than that.

One thing that pleased me was on the contents pages there are 8 photos of tables, a cup etc inc. 3 players. One of those players is Bobby in his Albion shirt.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Yorkie said:
95.01% of capacity

P*l*ce? 13th 64.11%

Yorkie... If I took 22,000 seats out the Madejski then we'd be top of that league by a street!

Unfortunately money into the transfer kitty is not given by % of ground filled. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here