Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-1 drubbing or purging?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
If our worst is a baseline for what we need to improve on then actually McGhee isn't at all far off.

It feels great to get this 5-1 drubbing out of the system. It's been amazing the performances, draws and low scores against us so far this season with what we've got and only one real drubbing away against the team at the top. Big deal. It's like getting a big dry pooh finally out...painful, but at the same time a purging releif. It can't get worse, indeed get it out the way before the New Year and the striker Santa is delivering us.

If you've been a Brighton fan you'll remember away drubbings when they wern't surprises. I'll take one every 5 months and stay in the Championship versus those days. Some of the miserable fecks on here want to cheer up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly what I think, it's not like we get pile drived week in week out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hull and Millwall were always going to be far bigger games than Reading. It is now down to McGhee to lift the squad up and ensure we get 4 points from those two games at least, and then a point from one of Saints or Luton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
twickers said:
If our worst is a baseline for what we need to improve on then actually McGhee isn't at all far off.

It feels great to get this 5-1 drubbing out of the system. It's been amazing the performances, draws and low scores against us so far this season with what we've got and only one real drubbing away against the team at the top. Big deal. It's like getting a big dry pooh finally out...painful, but at the same time a purging releif. It can't get worse, indeed get it out the way before the New Year and the striker Santa is delivering us.

If you've been a Brighton fan you'll remember away drubbings when they wern't surprises. I'll take one every 5 months and stay in the Championship versus those days. Some of the miserable fecks on here want to cheer up.
It's the point I tried (clearly very badly) to put across on another thread. It's really not that bad this season - very rarely been outplayed - but some people only look at the headlines.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
... or listen to the radio.

We always seem to get one drubbing a year, usually at Brentford, but I'd much rather get walloped by a team at the top 17 points clear of 3rd place than one down the bottom.

5-1 to fellow relegation strugglers Plymouth was the bassline for McGhee.

We shouldn't be even giving today a second thought given the circumstances of the game, the unusual selection by McGhee, the dismissal, the comedy penalty, etc.

It gets serious now with these series of winnable home games, we need a couple of wins by the new year.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
London Irish said:
5-1 to fellow relegation strugglers Plymouth was the bassline for McGhee.

We shouldn't be even giving today a second thought given the circumstances of the game, the unusual selection by McGhee, the dismissal, the comedy penalty, etc.

It gets serious now with these series of winnable home games, we need a couple of wins by the new year.
Sound sensible comments on this thread.
I thought Gary Elphick did well against skilful and strong players.
Paul Taylor has been a poor referee for a long time. He makes a lot of good decisions but then makes one or two very bad decisions that can affect the result.
Tommy Elphick could be the next Virgs but don't tell some of the clowns on here or they'll treat him as they did Dan Harding.

mona said:
Tommy Elphick could be the next Virgs but don't tell some of the clowns on here or they'll treat him as they did Dan Harding.

Or Jake Robinson, or in fact any emerging player who doesn't deliver within half a dozen games.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
... or listen to the radio.

We always seem to get one drubbing a year, usually at Brentford, but I'd much rather get walloped by a team at the top 17 points clear of 3rd place than one down the bottom.

Funny you should say that, I was reminding a freind tonight of the god awful game at Brentford that I thought couldn't get any worse until that girl came running from the Brentford end, after another Brentford goal, in the second half to Brighton away, pulled down her pants to bare her arse at us and to top it off flipped us all the bird between her legs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That Plymouth game last season was awful, far worse than today. We didn't even get one point that month.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I do remember that and getting irritated by Micky Evans hair cut. It was one of those matches.

Actually today I would have been happy for any experiment by McGhee. I wouldn't care if the team came out wearing FA approved soft antlers. Today of all days was the day to experiment.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We need to be beating the teams in the lower half of the league. It makes sense to shuffle the pack against the ones we have no chance of catching.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Ouch! A 5-1 drubbing always hurts but actually I've never felt less bruised by such a big defeat.

We push on from here.:smokin:

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Lawro's Lip said:
Ouch! A 5-1 drubbing always hurts but actually I've never felt less bruised by such a big defeat.

We push on from here.:smokin:

Phew - I thought I was losing my love for the team - I felt so un-down after the game. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
you are excepting that shit? mcghee cost brighton any chance in that game with his disney formation

Any chance of what? They weren't relegation rivals like Plymouth were last season.
If we had lost like that to Millwall or Coventry then I would feel a lot more despondent.
We were outclassed yesterday. You buy class and we haven't got that luxury.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
But it's always handy if you don't handicap yourself with a joke formation. Reading, of all teams, don't need McGhee's clowning help.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still at least McGhee can file this type of formation in the "doesn't work" file and we will never see it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here