Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-3-3 has to go now...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Only works when dicker is on fire, and he is now off form.

We need 4 in the middle, and barnes and dicker need a rest - bring in one, two, or three of sparrow, kish or noone to freshen things up a bit.

I am now moaning, just eager to get promotion quickly.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Well, the fact we won 1-0 away at a team we haven't beaten in 4-5 years, suggests it does work.

Just because we didn't destroy them doesn't mean the formation doesn't work.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
4 3 3 does work and has worked.

Due to the tiredness of us recently though I agree with everything else you say

Noone needs to start a game.

I think Poyet prefers his plan B to be Noone off the bench though

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would possibly consider Noone starting in the Bennett role and see what happens on Saturday. Don't like the idea of a 4-4-2 as I think the role Bridcutt plays needs another 2 midfielders in front of him

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Think Gus's hand has been forced recently by injuries & Kish's leave of absence.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our 4-3-3 We play like Arsenal with no width and an obvious way for the opposition to get a goaless draw is to sit deep and put men behind the ball.

I'd prefer to see Bennett wider and as a team we don't put the ball into dangerous areas very often or get in behind fullbacks and cause them many problems.

I'd much rather see us play with 2 wide men in a 4-4-2 but that requires a lot from Bennett and Noone as we don't have an obvious replacement for either and Noone incredibly quick feet tend to create oppurtunities against tiring defences

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Our 4-3-3 We play like Arsenal with no width and an obvious way for the opposition to get a goaless draw is to sit deep and put men behind the ball.

I'd prefer to see Bennett wider and as a team we don't put the ball into dangerous areas very often or get in behind fullbacks and cause them many problems.

I'd much rather see us play with 2 wide men in a 4-4-2 but that requires a lot from Bennett and Noone as we don't have an obvious replacement for either and Noone incredibly quick feet tend to create oppurtunities against tiring defences

Is this the same 4-3-3 that brought us 12 goals in 3 games? Sure, its been tougher in the last two but we can't steamroller every team we play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here