Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

33 mill invested in South Coast Club in two seasons

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
So you gambled your club's future on promotion (from league one)?

It wasn't a gamble, it was a goal that had to be met. If it wasn't we'd have just restructured the debt as we have. Cortese even said failure to go up would have been disastrous. In fat we're not ahead of the 5 year plan and have spent less than planned to get to where we are, competing at the top of the Championship. If we get up this year it will be deemed a massive success and will probably allow us to spend extra in the summer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It wasn't a gamble, it was a goal that had to be met. If it wasn't we'd have just restructured the debt as we have. Cortese even said failure to go up would have been disastrous. .

You've lost me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Since coming out of admin, (and paying their way out of it), SCC have been run extremely well off the pitch. As much I dislike the team I admire the way that the football club has conducted itself since escaped financial ruin unlike their thieving neighbours. Good on em, looks like the investment will pay off with premiership football and a possible championship to boot.

Have to say this.

And bearing in mind they are NOT our rivals good luck to them.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It wasn't a gamble, we were never going to fail.

It wouldn't have been a gamble if it was guarenteed. It wasn't guarenteed, so therefore it was a gamble.

Still it has worked so no harm done - but the arrogance is rather ugly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We have the training ground, which we built our own temporary accom for (the FA thought it was the finished article, so must have cost a fair bit). Then we've had other things going on with the stadium and the pitch which have cost large sums. I imagine £10million of that is in player purchases and the rest has been ploughed into the infrastructure. Then ad to that the AOC money, player purchases are covered.

In his latest interview Cortese has stated that getting category 1 is imperative and to do this he had to completely re-construct academy and training ground plans which has pushed th investment in the project to £15million as it's to a higher spec than Chelsea's Cobham ground.
Am I correct in thinking that Liebherr paid off all the creditors in full following administration?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Am I correct in thinking that Liebherr paid off all the creditors in full following administration?

Yes this is true. Other than Norwich Union who accepted 75% of the full amount I believe.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They changed the headline on the BBC to 'Saints no longer owe on £33m loan'

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brilliant, another thread abut Southampton!

Oh sorry, I forgot football started and ended on the south end of the A23 and we aren't really football fans just Brighton fans, my bad.
If you bothered to read instead of trying to belittle you would notice that they are pretty much doing with their loan as we will be doing, converting to shares, hence the interest.
If it doesn't meet with your taste to post on it... just don't post on it. These type of smarmy comments are just utterly childish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here