Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
has anyone seen it? any good?:wave:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
It is good for what it is. If you are not especting a top storyline etc and just want a bit of a gore fest them it is worth watching although I would not pay to go and see it when you can find it online ;)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I found it really rather gore-free and drably unsickening. Nothing frank or shocking other than the appalling acting or laughable script. Just a re-hash of 60s d-movie sandalbusters with some poorly painted battle scenes brushed electronically to screen in seconds.
It is quite possibly one of the worst films i have seen in a number of years. And i've seen some proper shit too. No emotion. No logic. No thrill. No tragedy. No care. No good.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But a faithful apatation of the comicbook nonetheless MB.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
But a faithful apatation of the comicbook nonetheless MB.

That's one of the sad points to it. Comicbooks have all been poorly filmed other than about 6 examples. They have to be changed to meet the screen's strength, as they are unavoidably distant, emotionally invisible and scientifically dreamy on stapled paper. Each image just a suggestion rather than cinema's unblinking permanence.

X-Men 3 was fairly similar to the comic portrayals, but was an absolute turd of a film. Unbearable.

I've liked Miller for about 17 years now and there's pieces of depth and sorrow in his workings. I struggle to see how this comes across in such a way in cinema without stirling work.

Sorry for going on.
:)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not at all mate...just trying to point out its not the films fault but the subject matter.

Anyway a mate of mine took byzantine studies at uni and believe me 300 (comic or film) in no way portrays what actually happened...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here