Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 years living in Newcastle... and then...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sitting in my dads local, Heddon on the Wall, last night surrounded by the deluded black and white masses (for that is what they are) was one of the best moments of my Albion supporting life.

The pervading atmosphere was one of silence; the toon army (ahem) just sat there and mustered only mutters with only the occasional ha' way!... surely a testament to our performance! they had half chances sure, but the mood truly reflected what they did not expect... an even contest, and one where Mr Poyet et al. got the luck yes, but tactically won by a country mile.

My disbelief at recent off the pitch events, has been overwhelmed by the on the pitch r...evolution (well done the management and players), they deserve some but not all of the credit.

The Amex looked wonderful and sounded even better, you (those who could be there) did the club proud and somewhat educated the toon army as to the rise of our fantastic club.

One despondent fan uttered (for my benefit I think), "Eye Divant na how we've (sigh) lost that like!" No one agreed.

20 years+ I've waited for last night, to me it meant the world and put right all the NOBO etc. comments I had to endure some years ago whilst proudly wearing my Albion stripes as a younger and perhaps less wise young man...

Thank you to the boys... you ROCKED and to Gus... whenever he leaves the Albion, I'm sure he will be remembered as the best manager of my lifetime, and I say that with a great deal of hindsight and retrospective realism.

GET IN!

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I will be making my first visit for the Cardiff game 06/03/12, my 31st Birthday... needless to say I'm a very excited person, who's got an extra special reason to be excited... I'm on cloud nine to be honest... I will be shedding a few tears at that game... which may look a wee bit odd, but I don't give a rats ASS! I love this club, and will always... true love burns and endures.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Do you know something... I think you may, in spite of the not too distant past, be spot on there... Great days DKM, great days indeed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
These are great days Kosh.

That was one of my best ever days supporting the Albion. A smashing fry up in Trafalgar street to start the day, a skinful of good ale before and after the match and of course a victory over a top six premier side in the FA cup. There will still be people moaning on NSC somewhere today but I just have that lovely glow that only a great Brighton victory can give you - apart from quality narcotics of course.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
eeeep I can feel a sixth form classic poem coming on.... must restrain ones self, must r e s t r a i n... arghhhhhhhhhh...

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Sitting in my dads local, Heddon on the Wall, last night surrounded by the deluded black and white masses (for that is what they are) was one of the best moments of my Albion supporting life.

The pervading atmosphere was one of silence; the toon army (ahem) just sat there and mustered only mutters with only the occasional ha' way!... surely a testament to our performance! they had half chances sure, but the mood truly reflected what they did not expect... an even contest, and one where Mr Poyet et al. got the luck yes, but tactically won by a country mile.

My disbelief at recent off the pitch events, has been overwhelmed by the on the pitch r...evolution (well done the management and players), they deserve some but not all of the credit.

The Amex looked wonderful and sounded even better, you (those who could be there) did the club proud and somewhat educated the toon army as to the rise of our fantastic club.

One despondent fan uttered (for my benefit I think), "Eye Divant na how we've (sigh) lost that like!" No one agreed.

20 years+ I've waited for last night, to me it meant the world and put right all the NOBO etc. comments I had to endure some years ago whilst proudly wearing my Albion stripes as a younger and perhaps less wise young man...

Thank you to the boys... you ROCKED and to Gus... whenever he leaves the Albion, I'm sure he will be remembered as the best manager of my lifetime, and I say that with a great deal of hindsight and retrospective realism.

GET IN!

Kosh

PMSL - Fantastic post and glad you really enjoyed it!!

As Pardew has got them going well you can imagine that they were thinking they only need to squeeze past little Brighton and maybe get a decent draw in the 5th round and the road to Wembley starts to appear in front of them -I can almost taste the despondency they must have felt at 7.30pm!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
These are great days Kosh.
Indeed they are. Reaching the Fifth Round of the FA Cup by beating a decent and, given the circumstances with international call-ups, full-strength Premiership side in front of a sold-out and noisy home Brighton crowd is the stuff of which memories are made.

Puts me in mind of the great League cup triumphs in 76/77. I still remember them now.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Indeed they are. Reaching the Fifth Round of the FA Cup by beating a decent and, given the circumstances with international call-ups, full-strength Premiership side in front of a sold-out and noisy home Brighton crowd is the stuff of which memories are made.

Puts me in mind of the great League cup triumphs in 76/77. I still remember them now.

Brovion old boy - you were right.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Kosh, be great to see you at the Amex but be aware that the Cardiff game has been put back a day to Weds 7th March. Hope that don't mess you up.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Thanks for all the cool messages above! Freddie: SHIT! That does indeed totally ruin our plans. I'd booked the time off work, trains and hotel too! I even spoke to someone at the club whom neglected, just prior to Christmas, to inform me of the date change.

Bugger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here