Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 World's Hardest Creature Competition, Round 2, Battle 3, Colossal Squid vs Hippo

Round 2, Battle 3

• Colossal Squid

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Hippo

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
Colossal Squid
n17776925331_6917024_5400193.jpg

The Story So Far.....Finished 3rd in group A. Was initially struggling but a late surge saw this mystical beast from the depths qualify comfortably, gaining 17 votes (16.67%). Always brings a strong contingent of fans, but can never make that final leap to glory, is this the year of the squid?

Hippo
hippo.jpg

The Story So Far....The 2010 champion disappointed last year in its title defence and will want to right those wrongs. Coming 2nd in Group D will go a long way to prove its doubters wrong, the former champ gained 20 votes (22.47%) and was never in trouble.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm undecided on this one, I need more information before I can decide. The picture of the colossal squid makes it look proper mental but then the hippo is a proven hard bastard and former WHC champ.

I just don't know. Where are the hippo and Colossal Squid champions?!

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Squid is big, Hippo is Africas No.1 killing machine, no contest
This. There is nothing hard about being enormous and swimming at depths nothing else can swim at.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hippo. Can a squid chase you across land? No.

And there is the hungry hippo game which is fantastic.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And there is the hungry hippo game which is fantastic.

This is the level of debate that makes the WHC the best tournament in the world.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hippo on the basis that the other is NOT REAL

What?! The Colossal Squid is a fairly regular poster on this very board...

Having said that, the picture of the C.S makes it look like it enters a fight by saying 'put up your dukes' before rotating it's fists a yard in front of him as if he were operating an invisible set of bike peddles with his hands. And for that reason I'm going to plump for the hippo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here