Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 World's Hardest Creature Competition, Quarter Final 4, Hippo vs Black Mamba

Quarter Final 4

• Hippo

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 26 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
Hippo
hippo7.jpg

The Story So Far....The 2010 champion disappointed last year in its title defence and will want to right those wrongs. Coming 2nd in Group D will go a long way to prove its doubters wrong, the former champ gained 20 votes (22.47%) and was never in trouble. Was up against the enigmatic Colossal Squid in the second round and many predicted another disappointing year for the Hippo, however he came out with an easy 34-14 win, can he right the wrongs of 2011?

vs

Black Mamba
black-mamba_767_600x450.jpg

The Story So Far........Came into 2012 as the only snake qualifier and after impressing in qualifying was fancied to make a real impression on this tournament. He didn't disappoint, winning the notoriously tight Group C with 16 votes (20%). Was pitted against a very strong competitor in the Rhino, and in a closely fought battle, eventually came out victorious, winning 28-22. Some pundits have said that beating the Rhino is the perfect appetiser for taking on the Hippo

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Blimey, the Battle of Africa commences, having voted for both in earlier rounds I am on the Horns of a Dilemma.... ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I accept that this is only one aspect of hardness but the black mamba kills up to 300 people a year. The hippo kills up to 500 a year. So we've got two very hard fellas on our hands here.

The black mamba is proper aggressive, can kill elephants and when it bites it normally jumps up and bites on THE HEAD. Imagine that, proper scary. And you don't just die, it makes you PARALYSED within an hour and then you die 3 hours later. Not nice.

A hippo is scary, hard and equally aggressive. But they look f***ing stupid.

I'll be honest, I can't decide.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
A lot of the Mamba's victims are going to have been caught out by surprise, ambushed. A hippo can't hide in a tiny bush to surprise anyone so to kill more people without stealth wins it for me

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Black Mamba. Just more terrifying. As mentioned above, Hippos look THICK and quite funny when running (not when running AT you, obviously), like a fat woman in the January sales.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
A lot of the Mamba's victims are going to have been caught out by surprise, ambushed. A hippo can't hide in a tiny bush to surprise anyone so to kill more people without stealth wins it for me

Yeah but a lot of the hippos victims are just people who get in the way between where it is and where it wants to go. If you go on safari and you're camping one of the more important bits of advice is not to camp between the hippo and the water as you'll get trampled in your sleep. So thats not really hard just the hippo taking the most direct route.

Oct 25, 2003
call me a ROMANTIC but i do have special admiration for animals who kill just for the hell of it rather than for food

it just makes them seem a bit mental

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Black Mamba v Honey Badger final, could be bad news for the HB.

Errmmm doesn't look like it...

Quote:

Honey badgers are able to feed on tortoises without difficulty, due to their powerful jaws. They kill and eat snakes, even highly venomous or large ones such as cobras. They have been known to dig up human corpses in India. They devour all parts of their prey, including skin, hair, feathers, flesh and bones, holding their food down with their forepaws.

What the SHIT is wrong with them? Utterly DOUBLEFUCKMENTAL.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Errmmm doesn't look like it...

Quote:

Honey badgers are able to feed on tortoises without difficulty, due to their powerful jaws. They kill and eat snakes, even highly venomous or large ones such as cobras. They have been known to dig up human corpses in India. They devour all parts of their prey, including skin, hair, feathers, flesh and bones, holding their food down with their forepaws.

What the SHIT is wrong with them? Utterly DOUBLEFUCKMENTAL.

I'm good with that! Go HB! (once he's shredded the shit out of the Orca that is)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The black mamba is the longest venomous snake in Africa, averaging around 2.5 to 3.2 meters (8.2 to 10 ft) in length, and sometimes growing to lengths of 4.45 meters (14.6 ft). Its name is derived from the black colouration inside the mouth rather than the actual colour of its scales which varies from dull yellowish-green to a gun-metal grey. It is the fastest snake in the world, capable of moving at 4.32 to 5.4 metres per second (16–20 km/h, 10–12 mph). It has a reputation for being aggressive and highly venomous: herpetologists have cited this species as both the world's deadliest and most aggressive, noting its tendency to attack without provocation. It is among the world's ten most venomous land snakes, and when threatened or cornered, becomes fiercely aggressive

Even Cape Buffalo are scared of them and flee the area when a Black mamba is around so the question is, would a hippo be scared too? - quite possibly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The black mamba is the SPAIN of hardest animal world. I reckon it might just have got it's shit together.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The black mamba is the SPAIN of hardest animal world. I reckon it might just have got it's shit together.

Starting to think this myself despite my previous preference of the Hippo, I will sleep on it and vote before going to work......

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Black Mamba
Due to their speed and the fact that they stay well hidden it isn’t safe or practical for experts to be in their natural habit to see what they are doing.
- how many of the other creatures in this competition have a similar thing said about them?

It is possible for this snake to be about 14 feet in length. However, it is quite thin with an overall size of about 3 ½ pounds. In spite of being so thin though they are very strong. This is also a very fast moving type of snake so don’t underestimate what you are dealing with. When they move quickly they are able to remove about 1/3 of the body from the ground. It is really amazing to see!
- so they can lift their head up to around 5ft of the ground before biting you
When they do bite they will do so several times consecutively. This is another reason why they are so dangerous to humans. They can strike faster than human eyes can see them moving the tongue in and out. The amount of venom that can be released with each strike is very high
Multiple strikes, a pretty unique trait amongst snakes, especially when one strike is enough to kill its victim

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
'mon the Mamba!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here