Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 f***ing game ban - silly boy!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think anyone will notice, what's the point of him playing if he's going to be stranded out on the left wing anyway?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I didn't fancy goin all the way to Burnley but it goes to show every cloud has a silver lining. Harding may finally have someone in front of him who understands what playing in midfield means.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Knight has had so many silly bookings this season. The same really for Carpenter when he got sent off. It really lets the side down.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
I didn't fancy goin all the way to Burnley but it goes to show every cloud has a silver lining. Harding may finally have someone in front of him who understands what playing in midfield means.

Meaning what exactly? I thought Knight did very well under very difficult circumstances on Saturday. He's an attacking player played wide to try to get decent balls into the big front men, the fact that he didn't get the service to the wong often enough nulifies this threat (together with the fact that our two 'strikers' don't get to the box quick enough) and he is forced deeper and deeper and becomes a defensive wide player which is clearly something that should not happen. Knight needs to be playing up front where he can pick the ball up nearer the goal instead of on the half way line with 5 players to beat before he will become any more effective.

And don't start blaming him for getting booked people, he's not a player that plies his trade tackling, he's a goalscorer. It's a damn shame that he'll be leaving in the summer but I don't blame him one bit.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
its shit or bust time, bring back robinson - change the shape of the side- a new hero is discovered & two games later knights ban could save our season..............................well you've got to be optomistic

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I thought Knight was awful on Saturday. We will miss him though as he can put a quality ball in the box.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Looks like a starting place for Nathan Jones then! How long till Kerry is back? Or possibly an opportunity return to the 3-5-2 formation Charlie, Chippie and Hammond in the middle.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Meaning what exactly? I thought Knight did very well under very difficult circumstances on Saturday. He's an attacking player played wide to try to get decent balls into the big front men, the fact that he didn't get the service to the wong often enough nulifies this threat (together with the fact that our two 'strikers' don't get to the box quick enough) and he is forced deeper and deeper and becomes a defensive wide player which is clearly something that should not happen. Knight needs to be playing up front where he can pick the ball up nearer the goal instead of on the half way line with 5 players to beat before he will become any more effective.

And don't start blaming him for getting booked people, he's not a player that plies his trade tackling, he's a goalscorer. It's a damn shame that he'll be leaving in the summer but I don't blame him one bit.

:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jake has to be recalled, we need some pace even if just off the bench.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Jones will come in.. he is playing for his career now, so will surely bust a gut... not that he doesn't do so anyway

Storer68 said:
and don't forget that Virgs is teetering on a two match ban if he gets a yellow against Preston and leicester!!!!!:eek:

That's far more worrying!

Losing Leon is a blow as although his form is inconsistent, when he plays well, we play well. But the compensation is we have a tactical system that we showed at West Ham that can employ wing backs to get the crosses in that Leon is meant to supply.

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
the wanderbus said:
its shit or bust time, bring back robinson - change the shape of the side- a new hero is discovered & two games later knights ban could save our season
Im sure Robinson would have scored at least twice as many goals as Knight if hed played the same number of games as Knight has

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
mrhairy said:
Knight has had so many silly bookings this season. The same really for Carpenter when he got sent off. It really lets the side down.

I think Chippy has got off lightly - his sending off was one of the most stupid by an Albion player in many years but he hasn't had that much criticism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here