Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2,000 tickets available on a per match basis

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to the Argus and official site. I thought originally it was only going to be 1,000, so most people should be able to get hold of a ticket if they get arses into gear.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
According to the Argus and official site. I thought originally it was only going to be 1,000, so most people should be able to get hold of a ticket if they get arses into gear.

I'm assuming they have backtracked on what seemed like a ridiculous 1,000 that was being held back for complimentaries etc.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
It also depends on the away support. If the visiting club only need say around a 1,000 or less then more will be available for home fans. Teams who will bring less than 1,000 include small clubs such as Doncaster and Crystal Palace.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
excellent news.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
so pretty much anyone would be able to get hold of a ticket , good news for pay by match fans i suppose .
but i cant see why people would choose this option instead of getting a season ticket for our first season in the championship at our new home ??? ( unless its money issues , then i understand )

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
so pretty much anyone would be able to get hold of a ticket , good news for pay by match fans i suppose .
but i cant see why people would choose this option instead of getting a season ticket for our first season in the championship at our new home ??? ( unless its money issues , then i understand )

Not just money, some people can't commit to every other saturday with other commitments, some people may not live locally, or may simply still be an avid fan but not want to go 2/3 times a month to home games.
I almost stopped renewing my season ticket this year, have had one for the last 8/9 years, but will be (fingers crossed) in Sheffield next year, so won't be at every game. Paid out in the end, as I was concerned about getting tickets for the games i'd be back for. There's a number of reasons why people would opt for that route.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I live in Manchester and coming down for every home game isn't feasible. There are a lot of exiles who would hope to make a good few matches in the season, but for whom a ST isn't economic sense.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The club could be accused of being a little bit 'nawty' by putting the frighteners on those who were scared of not being able to buy on a match ticket, and therefore going for the ST option. Having said that, the DD option and general marketing campaign has been excellent from what I have seen.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hmm, so they've backtracked on the 1000 complimentaries/match then... Oh well, I'm not nearly as worried about getting tickets for the big matches with 2000 up for grabs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Because I'm doing a ski season from december thru april, so it makes no sense to buy a season ticket when I won't be able to use it for half the season

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
The club could be accused of being a little bit 'nawty' by putting the frighteners on those who were scared of not being able to buy on a match ticket, and therefore going for the ST option. Having said that, the DD option and general marketing campaign has been excellent from what I have seen.

Could they?

They've said all along they expect to sell out of season tickets. They have.
They've said the majority of the ground will be reserved for season ticket holders. It is.
They've said the only way to guarantee yourself a seat is to get a season ticket. It is.

Good marketing I'd say!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Good news for us non-season ticket holders. Although it won't make much difference in a few years anyway, if we get the extended capacity. There will be plenty of seats, I can't see us selling many more season tickets than we have this year unless we do well in the Premier League.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I never thought 1000 was that skimpy. I figured with 18k season tickets sold, there wouldn't be a huge number of people left to compete for the 1000 tickets held back.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I never thought 1000 was that skimpy. I figured with 18k season tickets sold, there wouldn't be a huge number of people left to compete for the 1000 tickets held back.

Agreed, it was probably only ever going to be the big matches that cause a problem. Gives a bit more leeway though which is nice.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It also depends on the away support. If the visiting club only need say around a 1,000 or less then more will be available for home fans. Teams who will bring less than 1,000 include small clubs such as Doncaster and Crystal Palace.

I don't think the club are allowing home fans into the away end if the away team are expected to bring few fans.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't think the club are allowing home fans into the away end if the away team are expected to bring few fans.

If the away club take up 50% or less allocation then the away end can be safely segregated by means of shutters in the concourse area. Netting/tarpaulin would probably be used to seperate the two sets of fans in the seats.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I still think that after the initial first few home games, access / tickets will be a bit easier to obtain, I appreciate that many more people want to attend the very first home game of the season and demand will well outway supply, but after that as I say it will get easier I'm sure.

And of course success (or lack of it) will make a massive differance.

I am sure there will be quite a few people like myself who live so far away and wont be able to make full use of the season tickets for every game, I already have 3 people / couples lined up to take our 2 ST for any games we can't make, I would much rather supporters buy my 2 ST at face value for games we cant go to than I just waste them, it also makes 2 seats available for some games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here