Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st October - and no news about Falmer?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I can contain myself no longer - so much so that I have just registered myself on NSC just to vent my frustration. Are contractors appointed? Is the funding in place? MP's stadium blog is advertised on the website as 'weekly' and yet it's over 2 weeks since his last one. The club owes it to its long suffering supporters to keep us in the picture - even if it's just to tell us that 'nothing much has happened this week'!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I can contain myself no longer - so much so that I have just registered myself on NSC just to vent my frustration. Are contractors appointed? Is the funding in place? MP's stadium blog is advertised on the website as 'weekly' and yet it's over 2 weeks since his last one. The club owes it to its long suffering supporters to keep us in the picture - even if it's just to tell us that 'nothing much has happened this week'!

It would be nice to know, but I don't think the club OWES us anything.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The contractor will be announced shortly, the money will be in place in time for the start of construction. FACT!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It would be nice to know, but I don't think the club OWES us anything.

Why would any business not wish to inform their customers, or are you saying that we owe them, or aint you really saying anything again !!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Torquay fan?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Welcome EastbourneGull , did u register just to ask the question

Not really! I posted it because I've supported the club for more years than I care to remember, seen false dawns, sat in the infamous temporary West stand (aka the Warsaw stand - because of the number of poles), marvelled at the plans to improve the Goldstone (a triple decker all along the West side)...and I dream almost nightly (how sad is that?) of taking my place at the new stadium. I'm getting impatient because I want it to happen, and soon - as an alternative to having my ashes scattered there.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why would any business not wish to inform their customers, or are you saying that we owe them, or aint you really saying anything again !!

They will tell us what they can, when they can, and when they want to, but they don't owe it to us to say anything.

How can anything I have said mean that we owe them? We owe them nothing either.

If I wasn't saying anything you would have had nothing to respond to, would you. And I would rather say nothing than pontificate like you do based on 0% knowledge and 100% biased agenda.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

Maybe the club have higher priorites such as actually taking the project foward, rather than making press releases for the likes of you to criticise.

I doubt Tesco would see giving it's customes a weekly update on new store development as business critical.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Maybe the club have higher priorites such as actually taking the project foward, rather than making press releases for the likes of you to criticise.

I doubt Tesco would see giving it's customes a weekly update on new store development as business critical.

That was in response to Knotty saying that they 'the club' owe us the fans nothing and thats just another example where he feels the owners have absolutely no obligation to the fans, its nonesense

I have my concerns how the latest economic turmoil might effect the raisings of funds, anyone must be.

But it must be obvious whilst information is not forthcoming it might be that actually progress might of halted.

Its a reasonable assumption, I would suspect that each level of progress the club would wish to share those steps with their supporters, it might be that the confidence that was rightly shown some months ago might be less just now.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

I can't recall anyone ever campaigning 10 years for a new Tesco store. Nor hundreds of people giving up hours and hours of their time for nothing to help get the store off the ground. Or going on endless protests marches in aid of the New Tesco Express. Or sending postcards/letters/flowers to various politicians in support of Tesco.

The club have always relied on its supporters when it needed them, its starting to look a bit sparse on the reciprical bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here