Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st day of enquiry Question

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
All the representative in the enquiry are to visit the sites in question, do you think they will visit each site via public transport, as a supporter would. I.e. sheepcote valley, Pende etc. This I think, is vital in the process, just looking at a space of land, doesn't show any of the major underlying problems, and may prejudice their view.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I doubt it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I highly doubt they will but they should take into account the road access.
Especially at the Cement Works, I drove past there yesterday and it would make one helluva brilliant stadium and something that people all over the world would want to visit...but the roads are poor and virtually non-expandable in some areas (althought they could get a 3 lane motor way in some parts! ) and of course theres no train station anywhere near it.

Anyway I just hope the Inquiry peeps have a proper look about instead of commenting on the lovely weather and scenic views!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Not a chance. Obviously they should as this would make our case pretty much un-challengeable but I can't see it somehow :lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I highly doubt they will but they should take into account the road access.
Especially at the Cement Works, I drove past there yesterday and it would make one helluva brilliant stadium and something that people all over the world would want to visit...but the roads are poor and virtually non-expandable in some areas (althought they could get a 3 lane motor way in some parts! ) and of course theres no train station anywhere near it.

Anyway I just hope the Inquiry peeps have a proper look about instead of commenting on the lovely weather and scenic views!

Totally agree, they need to visit as a supporter would.

Just wondering what chalk is like in heavy rain?
Noticed the fields around the roundabouts flood in heavy rain and the roads are poor, as is the lighting. :glare:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Caveman said:
Totally agree, they need to visit as a supporter would.

Just wondering what chalk is like in heavy rain?
Noticed the fields around the roundabouts flood in heavy rain and the roads are poor, as is the lighting. :glare:

interesting one that, as its cut into the Downs you can imagine flooding problems, but I'm sure a decent drainage system down to the nearby Adur River could be put in place....costing shitloads though! It is quite abit higher than the high level of the river at peak tide times so thers no threat of river swelling and flooding the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here