Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st 11

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
With our new signings what would you say should be our starting 11 and 5 subs :ohmy:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Id knock Hinsh off and have Elphick in there,

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
See out the rest of the pretty much meaningless league campaign in STYLE and soccer those dins and ATTACK our way to 14th

------------Sullivan--------------

Whing Elphick Hinshlewood McNulty

----Carole Livermore Jarrett------

------Murray Davies Forster------

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
See out the rest of the pretty much meaningless league campaign in STYLE and soccer those dins and ATTACK our way to 14th

That sounds flair, except I don't think Carole will make much of a central midfielder. I'd go with this:

Sullivan

Whing Elphick Virgo McNulty (assuming he's decent)

Carole Livermore Jarrett Birchall/ Cox/ Mcleod

Murray Forster

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Does look great, i think that would be my choice, But carole may be too wide leaving almost a two man midfield at times?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Maybe Birchall - Jarrett - Livermore in midfield instead, with Carole and Cox on the bench if we need something a bit different with 20 or 30 minutes to go.

Whing will have to work very hard to keep Virgs out of the RB slot.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
What a change,.

Now have quality to pick from rather than have to play certain people because that is all we have.....

also we have players on the bench who will be hungry to impress( Carole on Sat and Mcleod) who can then change a game....

happy days

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Going to be a bit controversial her but I think El Abd may still start in midfield, athough I would be more than happy if Livermore was there. What is great is it is now quite tough to decide on a starting eleven because the depth of quality in the squad is so improved. I also have a feeling Micky may well try and play one of the new strikers out wide. Andrew has played there but he looked so good on Saturday I can't bring myself to put him there. So my 11 would be:

Sullivan/Kuipers
Whing Virgo Elphick McNulty
Birchall El Abd Jarrett Davies
Andrew Forster

Subs: Carole, Livermore, Hinshlewood, Murray, Cox (maybe a GK instead of one)
A great bench all of which I would happily see replace someone in the starting eleven. Great work Micky and Dicky!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sullivan

Whing - Elphick - Hinshelwood - McNulty (presume he is good!)

Carole - Livermore - Jarrett - Cox

Murray (when fit otherwise one of the other two) - Forster

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sullivan

whing-----Virgo----Elphic----McNulty

carole-----jarrett-----Burchill------Livermore

-------------davis---------Murray

Subs

Kuipers
Forster
Hynch
McLeod
Cox

FLAIR

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sullivan Kuipers

Whing; Virgo; Elphick; McNulty Hinshelwood
Livermore
Jarrett ; Birchall or Carole Cox or El Abd; Carole or Birchall; McLeod
Davies
Forster Andrew

Murray when fit to replace either Forster or Andrew

a sort of 4-1-2-1-2 with Livermore playing in front of the back 4 and Davies just behind the front 2 to pick up knock downs and run at the opposition defence.
Carole or McLeod would start ahead of Birchall depending on the opposition when fully match fit but with Forster and Davies able to drift wide and get crosses in (both are better than Cox at crossing the ball consistantly) we would have a pretty flexible approach.

Probably wouldnt happen because its a bit too narrow for Adams but I think it would work with the players we now have

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Sullivan

Whing Virgo Elphick McNulty

Birchall Jarrett Livermore Cox/Carole

Forster Murray

Subs: Kuipers, Cox/Carole, Hinshelwood, Fraser, Davies

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm very confused as to why now we have such options alot of you are playing Birchall out of position on the RW.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Why can't we sneek in another player? Does the ref really count them? Hartlepool were disguised as stewards....

Thought Andrews was superb on Saturday, but would need to give the permanent signing a start alongside Forster. How do we fit Andrews into the equation? If he's on the bench after Saturday's performance, will he do a Callaghan and disrupt team spirit.

Have we signed all these players, but with them not sure who the other signings are? Anyway it makes a change - selection dilemma!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For the next game until Murray is fit:

Sullivan

Virgo
Elphick
Hinshlewood
McNulty

Carole
El Abd
Jarrett
Cox/McLeod

Forster
Andrews

Subs:

Davies
Livermore
Whing
Birchall
Kuipers

depending on the opponents I think it will be 2 from Forster,Andrews Davies up front with the other as a sub and in midfield it will be 4 from Carole, El Abd,Fraser,Cox, McLeod, Birchall and Livermore with the other 2 out of 3 on the bench,

giving a bench of 1 striker, 2 midfield 1 defender 1 goalkeeper which with multi positional players should serve us well.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thought Andrews was superb on Saturday, but would need to give the permanent signing a start alongside Forster. How do we fit Andrews into the equation? If he's on the bench after Saturday's performance, will he do a Callaghan and disrupt team spirit.
QUOTE]

From all their interviews , Davies seems to be the one who may kick off if not in first 11. Pure speculation by me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here