Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 hospitality.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does anyone know how this is going? There did not seem to be as many tables booked for the Blackpool match. And the previously complimentary tea and coffee now costs £1.50-how f***ing tight is that?

Sales not as good as they predicted?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Does anyone know how this is going? There did not seem to be as many tables booked for the Blackpool match. And the previously complimentary tea and coffee now costs £1.50-how f***ing tight is that?

Don't think the quality matches the price. Would be nice to have a buffet at a more reasonable price.

Definately alot less dining this week.

I'm sticking to a pie and a Harveys before the game and a coffee afterwoods.

D

Deleted User X18H

What? Coffee is free and is put out in big dispensers.

Let's have a moan and a dig at the club shall we. Oh look you can't book out all the tables na na ner na na ner! See you shouldn't have gone down this corperate road shouldn't try and make things a bit nice for everyone. I told you so.

What is the point of this?

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters

Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan. Please change the record or better still give the club constructive feedback. There were enough them there yesterday asking for it!!!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Had the curry buffet for the Gills game and it was lovely. Free tea and coffee yesterday and having the Chinese buffet this Tuesday. I am really, really sorry, but I have no complaints...... Oh, wait a minute, I banged my knee on the table leg sitting down for the curry buffet and it spilt my beer. For shame!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My main gripe is that previously complimentary tea and coffee is now being charged for. I think this is tight, and crap.

D

Deleted User X18H

My main gripe is that previously complimentary tea and coffee is now being charged for. I think this is tight, and crap.

So did you dine yesterday? Did you go up to the table in front of the resturant area where all the tea and coffee dispensers are and get asked by someone for a quid and a half?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And also a genuine interest to see how the hospitality is panning out. I was told at the presentation that there would be a range of options. I did not initially sign up, just wondering how it is incase I wish to sign up in the near future.

The 'multiple meal choices at a time to suit you and your guests fine dining', buffet, kiosk snacks and meals AND the option to pop down to the various concourses all on a single match day is nothing to moan about is it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So did you dine yesterday? Did you go up to the table in front of the resturant area where all the tea and coffee dispensers are and get asked by someone for a quid and a half?

My friend Uter, and my father and brother were all charged £1.50. Hence my thread.

D

Deleted User X18H

did anyone spot a drunk man in shorts in the 1901 on saturday? that was my uncle, said he had a blinding time haha

Hmm I doubt this. I was told at least 20 people were turned away and given East or North Stand tickets for not being correctly attired.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Hmm I doubt this. I was told at least 20 people were turned away and given East or North Stand tickets for not being correctly attired.

I had a mate with me and had told him about the dress code and he pointed out several people in there who were wearing trainers, shorts and also an Albion shirt, none of which bothers me, but if we can all wear what we like why not change the policy?!

D

Deleted User X18H

I had a mate with me and had told him about the dress code and he pointed out several people in there who were wearing trainers, shorts and also an Albion shirt, none of which bothers me, but if we can all wear what we like why not change the policy?!

I saw two guys who had turned their Albion shirts inside out. Yeah if they say replica shirts , trainers and shorts are acceptable brilliant. But there has to be consistency if you turn up wearing stuff it says you shouldn't in the handbook one week and get in and don't the next then that is unfair on everyone. I was told stewards on both entrances will be re-trained in time for Tuesday.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I saw two guys who had turned their Albion shirts inside out. Yeah if they say replica shirts , trainers and shorts are acceptable brilliant. But there has to be consistency if you turn up wearing stuff it says you shouldn't in the handbook one week and get in and don't the next then that is unfair on everyone. I was told stewards on both entrances will be re-trained in time for Tuesday.

BUT!!!! It is still early days and we're all still learning about our fantastic new ground and that includes the staff, some of whom are very young and maybe lacking in confidence, because they're also unsure of the rules and when to apply them. I am sure these issues will be ironed out.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters

Your source? Where were the 20 empty seats?
I was at the entrance for nearly an hour waiting for some people and saw no one refused. Even someone who was completely shit faced was let in.......I saw him walk round the stadium three times hang round the 1901 entrance and before moving on. I assume he eventually thought he looked sober enough to go in......and I guess he was!!!!!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Your source? Where were the 20 empty seats?
I was at the entrance for nearly an hour waiting for some people and saw no one refused. Even someone who was completely shit faced was let in.......I saw him walk round the stadium three times hang round the 1901 entrance and before moving on. I assume he eventually thought he looked sober enough to go in......and I guess he was!!!!!!!

Sean 1901 executive

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
4 words. I'm happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here