Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

18.04 from Brighton ?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As a distant supporter,what are my chances of getting from the Amex at Falmer post Saturday matches to Brighton Station in time for the 18.04 train which appears to be my best chance of getting to Taunton and tucked up with my cocoa for 23.30 ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Easy

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Pretty reasonable if you are quick out of the traps to Falmer station. If you get in a big queue then it could be touch and go. Buses to the bottom of Trafalgar street (then hill walking to Brighton Station) could be another option.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Should be able to walk it in that time lol

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You could almost walk it in that time. What we don't know is how quickly people can get out but provided you make a sharpish exit, you should be fine.

If you're travelling through London, have you thought about going via Lewes/Haywards Heath, as there will be less %age going that way?

Actually, yes, you can walk it in that time, just.

But with lying Baker's time estimate you could also have a pony, burger, couple of pints in the Belle and still have ten minutes spare before the train departed!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you could walk to the station in an hour, or at least far enough to get bus or taxi (or Moulsecoomb train) that will deliver you there in time.

if you are walking impaired... some busy games might be tight, might be leaving just before the very end to make sure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's about 4.5 miles, so it'd be a fast walk. Maybe some roller blades or a skateboard for the downhill sections.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
you could walk to the station in an hour, or at least far enough to get bus or taxi (or Moulsecoomb train) that will deliver you there in time.

if you are walking impaired... some busy games might be tight, might be leaving just before the very end to make sure.

I think the train at Moulsecoomb would be pretty full.

The people who say you can walk it in an hour are being a bit optimistic. It's 55 mins from my house to the station (I did it once) and I reckon the stadium is a good 15 minutes further. And I'm a fast walker and I did that walk early in the morning with no traffic and people getting in the way.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think the train at Moulsecoomb would be pretty full.

The people who say you can walk it in an hour are being a bit optimistic. It's 55 mins from my house to the station (I did it once) and I reckon the stadium is a good 15 minutes further. And I'm a fast walker and I did that walk early in the morning with no traffic and people getting in the way.

I did it in 65 mins from western road, Hove. It's doable, but it depends how slow people are getting out of the stadium.

You could ask Insider for the clubs analysis of the travel survey data that was collected as part the STH presentations at the Amex earlier this year; they will also have the actual train and bus route capacities so you can take a more objective view on what might suit. The cynic in me says "Good Luck" as every question asked to date that has anything to do with transport has been batted back with a "Watch this space platitude" but hey! ho!
IMO, travel by train from/to Brighton has always looked like being a bit of a mare, even in the original planning submission. Might PM you with something later.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As a distant supporter,what are my chances of getting from the Amex at Falmer post Saturday matches to Brighton Station in time for the 18.04 train which appears to be my best chance of getting to Taunton and tucked up with my cocoa for 23.30 ?

Oh come on man chill out, this is getting out of hand. Yes of course you will get to Brighton in time for the 18:04. BTW is there an 18:04 on a Sunday ? I think you better check that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here