Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,000 Season tickets to be sold by the end of the week

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Albion expect to have sold more than 15,000 season tickets for The Amex by the end of the week.

It puts them well on course for regular crowds of about 20,000 in their first season at the American Express Community Stadium.

More than 14,000 season tickets have already been sold, including 2,600 to corporate 1901 club members. The Seagulls anticipate reaching the ceiling for standard season tickets and 1901 members of 18,400.

:amex: Bloody good going, I reckon we'll sell 17,000 season tickets overall.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I find this incredible. Before they went on sale I thought we'd sell somewhere between 8 and 12 thousand, and I thought that was being very optimistic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find this incredible. Before they went on sale I thought we'd sell somewhere between 8 and 12 thousand, and I thought that was being very optimistic.
We were never "only" going to sell 8,000 tickets. Even if this had been a relegation season, I reckon we'd have shifted 10,000 tix.

As it is, Albion are benefitting from a perfect storm scenario. We are going to be a decent sized provincial club in the appropriate division thanks to Gus and the lads. It's a fairly big city, with an even bigger catchment area, we have a brand new state of the art stadium and STs can be paid for by a monthly direct debit at a time when people are spending more at home on "little treats" at the expense of lavish holidays, cars and the like. The sales team couldn't have asked for a better set of circumstances IMO, which is why I'm still expecting a 18,400 sell out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The way they're going the chances of getting a sniff of the one of the 900 on general sale for the 1st home game is getting remoter by the day. :cry:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We were never "only" going to sell 8,000 tickets. Even if this had been a relegation season, I reckon we'd have shifted 10,000 tix.

As it is, Albion are benefitting from a perfect storm scenario. We are going to be a decent sized provincial club in the appropriate division thanks to Gus and the lads. It's a fairly big city, with an even bigger catchment area, we have a brand new state of the art stadium and STs can be paid for by a monthly direct debit at a time when people are spending more at home on "little treats" at the expense of lavish holidays, cars and the like. The sales team couldn't have asked for a better set of circumstances IMO, which is why I'm still expecting a 18,400 sell out.

Had plenty of discussions with you about this and I am now very happy to admit I was wrong and you were bang on

Well impressive Albion

Seagulls

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Having read a little on the Owlstalk forum - they were getting excited about 8,000 sold and convinced they might match last/this seasons figure of 11,000. Granted, they have more seats available, but this is excellent news.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Had a chat this morning with one of my work colleagues who wants to buy a pair of STs in the North Stand. He is FRUSTRATED by not being able to purchase said tickets due to the club apparently still being busy processing existing demand. He just wants to phone someone up and give them/pledge £800 for the tickets but is apparently not able to at the moment...

To still have people in his situation having already sold 15,000 is staggering.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Had a chat this morning with one of my work colleagues who wants to buy a pair of STs in the North Stand. He is FRUSTRATED by not being able to purchase said tickets due to the club apparently still being busy processing existing demand. He just wants to phone someone up and give them/pledge £800 for the tickets but is apparently not able to at the moment...

I'm in that boat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm in that boat

But there have been NSCers who have phoned up, said "I can't get along to a presentation anytime soon, here's my card number for a season ticket please" and they've got one there and then.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Just to put this into context I had a little look at previous attendances and I think we have only ever averaged over 18400 seven times in our history, and that's all supporters, never mind just season ticket holders. This demonstrates what under achievers we have been in the past.

Obviously running away with league has helped too, but I think the club have really thought through how to increase our supporter base and have come up with a clear strategy to shift as many season tickets as possible; revamping the young supporters club and increasing membership five fold, having a presentation suite, the plus 3 option, drip feeding news stories about the Amex and (probably the biggest one) having a DD payment option.

The last few thousand will probably sell themselves as any waverers will realise they need to get one if they want to go regularly.

Perhaps the question now isn't so much how many season tickets will we sell, but how many people will be on the season ticket waiting list next season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Where has this figure come from, have the club said this?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Perhaps the question now isn't so much how many season tickets will we sell, but how many people will be on the season ticket waiting list next season.
A season ticket WAITING LIST. Unbelievable, isn't it?

We're not a small club anymore..:whistle:

:banana:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I spoke to a London based Wednesday fan who is thinking of getting a season ticket as he's done in Brighton for work most weekends!!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
gutted as I can't see when I'm going to actually get to go, but very chuffed for the club. f*** me we deserve it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure I've quite fully got my head round all this. The Albion are going to be playing in front of 20k+ week in, week out. And people will still be being locked out.

The biggest home League gate I ever attended was, I think, the 19k we got against Bristol Rovers on the last day of the 1987-88 season. For us to be commanding north of 20k every week is frankly mindboggling.

Its just not the club I know and love (and I mean that in a good way, like it's just gone and got an amazing boob job).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here