Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

13" Rougier A Big Flop!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I am glad we did not sign the big man permanently, 4 goals in 25 games is hardly setting the world alight at Brentford now is it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BrightonBird said:
I am the only person I know that thinks Heskey is good as he compliments Owen well. But then I talk utter crap so what do I know?

heskey is a very good player

rougier however isnt

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I suspect that Rougier suffers from Jones syndrome ie one good game in 5/6. However, on his day he is very dangerous and it would have been good to have an extra option. Especially as we seem to be having a hard time scoring just lately

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Rougier is a better winger than forward, Brentford are playing him on the wing, you don't really need heading ability on the wing, he has 4 goals so far, how many do Hart and Jones have between them?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Trigger said:
Rougier is a better winger than forward, Brentford are playing him on the wing, you don't really need heading ability on the wing, he has 4 goals so far, how many do Hart and Jones have between them?

you are telling me you would rather have him than hart or jones?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BrightonBird said:
I am the only person I know that thinks Heskey is good as he compliments Owen well. But then I talk utter crap so what do I know?

Heskey is frustrating. The number of times I have seen him play for England and he has spent half the game falling over. If he actually had some confidence he would be fantastic, instead you end up with this nervous lump leading the line who is scared to shoot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
you are telling me you would rather have him than hart or jones?

Without a doubt for Hart, who has been totally ineffective and useless this season. I have been a big fan of Hart's since Gillingham but he seems to have lost it this season .

In fact I'd also have him in preference to Jones who is 10% brilliant and 90% frustrating and lets himself and the team down by getting himself sent off regularly.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Without a doubt for Hart, who has been totally ineffective and useless this season. In fact I'd also have him in preference to Jones who is 10% brilliant and 90% frustrating and gets himself sent off regularly.

:nono:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
BrightonBird said:
Did you go to the Brentford game? Bloody hell he was good (and I don't think he scored - could be wrong) but he was one of the differences between us and Brentford. IMHO.

No but I saw him plant a cross in the discus nets at Withdean, almost hit the corner flag with a free header at Stoke, make 2 or 3 handballs when he was trying to chest it at Ipswich and fall over the ball at another game that escapes me. A Grade A Donkey.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Errrr 4 goals and look at our midfield??? only peircy has started popping up,so just goes to show and yeah the rouge has a lot more to him in this division than scoring.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here