Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

101 great things to have come out of - France

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Went to France a couple of years back expecting all the anti UK vitriol and to be hung at the nearest lamppost and they were a great bunch of civilised, friendly, polite people who welcomed us warmly.

St Omer - just 20 minutes from Calais.

The streets were clean, the people were civilised made us look like a bunch of Pikey's.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I love France especially the southwest area.

I had a brilliant holiday in the Vendee region.

The traditional arrogant Frenchman that most people think of is found in Paris but then again I find a lot of Londoners are like that (with apologies to London based Seagulls)
Get out of the cities and as Gareth says, people are civilised friendly and polite.
They love it if you have a go with the language and gently laugh when you get it slightly wrong :lol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The best thing about the French is that they annoy the more arrogant, insular, pseudo-macho and ignorant Brits.

The next best thing is that every place with a 250,000 population has a good municipal football stadium. It is considered an essential thing.

Dieppe is closer to Brighton in every way than Stoke or Stockport.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I went to La Harve last year and frankly it made Newhaven look great. It was dirty and mainly closed. The streets were a ridiculous mish mash of small shops and homes. Miserable day and ugly place. Okay not typical of France but having worked in Paris where there is an attitude problem I don't much care for the place. Calais and Dunkirk are similar as is Dieppe.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
bhaexpress said:
But, did you know that they music playlist on ALL French radio stations has to be 66% of French origin, yet another example of their xenophobia (especially when the was majority f their music is utter crap).

Sounds like a good way to support local music if you ask me. If we had the same attitude here I wouldn't be forced to endure 66% American piffle on Radio 1 whilst at work.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Air (the band not the stuff you breathe)
Saian Supa Crew
Kronenbourg
Baguettes
Tarte au pomme
Chablis
Eric 'Kick the Palace ****' Cantona
Decent sausages
Camembert
CHEFS

I like France, it's a lovely place and the food is well nice.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
The Le Mans 24 Hours

A top weekend away - already booked for this year. A Brits invasion. :clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2:

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
:drool:

Attachments

• vp.jpg
    vp.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 101

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
25 heures du Mans . . .the greatest race on earth
excellent cheap food
excellent bloody expensive wine
MIchelin and bibendum
Annecy is one of the most beautiful places in Europe

the North coastal towns of France are poor really . . . .much like most of Susse/Kent, ie Newhaven, Littlehampton, Dover, Hastings etc

oh . . . .good quality roads, beat ours hands down, as does their public transport :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yep Johnny Depp is a lucky man. Mind you Johnny's the ultimate in cool so Vanessa is a lucky lady.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I went to La Harve last year and frankly it made Newhaven look great. It was dirty and mainly closed. The streets were a ridiculous mish mash of small shops and homes. Miserable day and ugly place. Okay not typical of France but having worked in Paris where there is an attitude problem I don't much care for the place. Calais and Dunkirk are similar as is Dieppe.

As a most busy ports around the world?

Calais is a shithole though.

It's there to do a job, to provide cheap booze and snouts for us Brits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here