Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100 Greatest Tearjerkers

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone else watch this surprisingly-enjoyable girly blubfest of screen and telly last night? I've never cried at a film but I'm still not entirely sure about ET winning - Casablanca is probably my most stirring film of the lot, put it that way.

So, which ones have had you lot blubbing? Kramer vs Kramer or Carry On Up The Khyber?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Didn't see it, was watching Oceans Eleven on ITV and was waiting for the big twist at the end....which didn't really happen...unless I missed it (them being the SWAT team?!?)

But not to take the thread off topic, despite being 6ft 2" of solid beefcake I'll cry at absolutely everything and hate it when the house lights come up at the end of a weepy at the cinema and my red eyes are there for all to see. My two worst blubs to date are the end of 'Schindler's List' where he says he could have saved more lives etc. and the end of 'The Bridges of Madison County'. Blokes should be more willing to admit to crying at flicks but unfortunately it ain't socially 'acceptable' even in 2005.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I didn't watch it as I was also watching Ocean's Eleven. The only film I remember shedding a tear during was Dance's With Wolves. For some reason I found it quite upsetting when they shot the wolf, big girls blouse that I am.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I only saw one as I changed channel. Rolf Harris and the macho lorry driver blubbing in each others arms after they are told that the man's dog is to be put down.

Poor Flossie.

:(

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The homeless bloke from the running 7-Up documentary was pretty grim - bright-eyed perky little kid, tramp in the middle of nowhere in his 30s.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
ET isn't sad, it's quite happy at the end I thought. He finally gets to go home as has been his mission throughout the whole film.

The Green Mile and Bambi were up there tough, which is nice. I thought some of the 'experts' on there were pretty good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
The homeless bloke from the running 7-Up documentary was pretty grim - bright-eyed perky little kid, tramp in the middle of nowhere in his 30s.

My sister knows the kid who wanted to be a jockey from that prog. He's now a London black cabbie. I think most of the people from that show are either dead, insane or on large quantities of valium and anti-depressants.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
end of shawshank was a tear-jerker for me the first time i saw it. was that in the top 100? doesn't anymore though becasue i'm a man.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
shawshank was 4th i think! green mile and shawshank, also bambi :cry: dunno y ET was number one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here