Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 years ago TONIGHT. Where were YOU?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd struggle with 10 days ago tonight...

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Is this the 10-year anniversary of our lowest ever "home" league gate? Has it really been 10 years? If so, then yes I was at a cold, dark Priestfield seeing us lose to Barnet, watching the pikey locals fire a few pathetic rockets over their caravans, thinking what the f*** was I doing here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Falmer Flutter ©;2664198 said:
Is this the 10-year anniversary of our lowest ever "home" league gate? Has it really been 10 years? If so, then yes I was at a cold, dark Priestfield seeing us lose to Barnet, watching the pikey locals fire a few pathetic rockets over their caravans, thinking what the f*** was I doing here.

I thought a midweek game against Lincoln was out lowest ever crowd, is that wrong? I was at whatever game it was because I remember it was a Champion's league night, and on the radio on the way home, some wanker commentator on Five Live said "I've got a question for the ***** (however many it was) fans that went to Brighton's game tonight...WHY?"

Probably masturbating furiously to Baywatch whilst listening to Ace of Base on my brand new CD Walkman after failing to convince my dad to buy me this new internet thing.

Well did you really expect any different from me?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
10 years ago I didn't have a computer, so wasn't addicted to the internet, and was probably getting pissed and smoking fags, since given up, and reflecting on firing off my fiance and going to France '98 in the Summer

Oh, and popped along to Gillingham a few times :falmerspi

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
So it was 11 years ago?! In that case I haven't got a clue what I was doing 10 years ago.

It's funny when I end up talking to other fans about this game how many say they went to it, despite us having under 1,000 fans there excluding the Barnet end (which was about 50-odd).

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
So was that Barnet? I remember it, just. 3-0, ne c'est pas? I'm sure I still had a good time though. That was a time when I was still thought football was magical, life could be enjoyable without alcohol and people like Andy Ansah were worthy of hero status.

I thought it was going to be the Peterborough 2-2 which was our first game under Uncle Dick's chairmanship?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was chained upside-down to a mattress in the basement of a secret splinter cell of Peruvian communist rebels who went by the name of "Mi Chico Latino" (later made famous by Geri Halliwells hit single of the same name).

They tortured me endlessly by prodding my nether-regions with a partially chewed red hot Pepperami. I still have the lesions on my inner thigh to this day.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
10 years ago I didn't have a computer, so wasn't addicted to the internet, and was probably getting pissed and smoking fags, since given up, and reflecting on firing off my fiance and going to France '98 in the Summer

Oh, and popped along to Gillingham a few times :falmerspi

Ah, 11 years ago is it?

I would have been thinking about proposing to my girlfriend at Christmas and saving up to go to France '98

Don't think I knew the way to Gillingham then :smokin:

After a little soccerbase research, the lowest crowds I can find that season are:

Barnet 05/11/97 - 1,025
Lincoln 22/10/97 - 1,036
Leyton Orient (league cup) 13/08/97 - 1,073
Peterborough 03/09/97 - 1,215
Notts County 03/12/97 - 1,279

For the Saturday games we would sometimes pull in as many as 2,000!

God, I saw ALL of those.........:eek::nono::whisky:

I was chained upside-down to a mattress in the basement of a secret splinter cell of Peruvian communist rebels who went by the name of "Mi Chico Latino" (later made famous by Geri Halliwells hit single of the same name).

They tortured me endlessly by prodding my nether-regions with a partially chewed red hot Pepperami. I still have the lesions on my inner thigh to this day.

You too, huh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here