Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 years ago this month.....................

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
we had just lost at Wigan, there was a march on Bill Archer's house, there was a peaceful demo on the pitch against Lincoln and a mass walkout against Hereford.

We marched through the town before a game against Fulham and one person ended up in JAIL because of what 2 people were doing to the club.

By the end of the month we had 9 points, were bottom of the whole league and didn't have a f***ing CLUE whether we would still have a team to support the following season. We were just about to go out of the FA Cup to Sudbury and life was, well, SHIT.

Let's get things into a bit of perspective shall we.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Makes you think what all the fuss is about really. Back then we would have only dreamed we would be where we are now.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Could go on Club 18/30 :wave:

No you can't you are far too old dear boy

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Hiney said:
we had just lost at Wigan, there was a march on Bill Archer's house, there was a peaceful demo on the pitch against Lincoln and a mass walkout against Hereford.

We marched through the town before a game against Fulham and one person ended up in JAIL because of what 2 people were doing to the club.

By the end of the month we had 9 points, were bottom of the whole league and didn't have a f***ing CLUE whether we would still have a team to support the following season. We were just about to go out of the FA Cup to Sudbury and life was, well, SHIT.

Great post! :clap: :clap:

I bet a majority of those of us that were there on Sunday took part in all those protests & marches.

It's easy to support a team that's winning, but the real support sees you through the bad times.

Let's just hope that we NEVER have things as bad as ten years ago.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
10 years ago I was expecting Emily. You all know what I did to ensure she would be at a game to see the Albion play league football. I don't want to go to Scunthorpe on Saturday, but I'm going because Emily wants to go. I can't give up, because she never has.

We've come a long way in 10 years, but we have to keep going until we get over the finish line.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hiney said:

You're right, we're about 2 years adrift of history repeating iteself - just change Archer to Baker and give it another month before we'll know which non-league outfit dumps us out of the cup. And you think I'm joking?

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Hiney like i have said in a previous post they were the proper dark days.

So let's Keep The Faith.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Yes your right times have changed and we are no longer fighting an evil man who wanted to destroy us for his personel gain but we may be in a very dangerous situation next season if we go down and no sign of squad improvement to wet the appertite of fans resulting in a drastic drop in the amount of season ticket holders. Can the club servive if that happens after 7 years at withdean?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Emily's Mum said:
We've come a long way in 10 years, but we have to keep going until we get over the finish line.

No other words necessary.

:clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Emily's Mum said:
10 years ago I was expecting Emily. You all know what I did to ensure she would be at a game to see the Albion play league football. I don't want to go to Scunthorpe on Saturday, but I'm going because Emily wants to go. I can't give up, because she never has.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f k me im getting old

just because it was bad and shit doesnt make the current rubbish any easier for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here