Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 yard rule

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Last night Reading ruined any chance we had of taking quick free kicks by usual tactics of standing by the ball, kicking it away and not retreating ten yards. If last seasons rules had been applyed we would have been awarded 10 yards advantage on several occasions.

We did not look to do this once and the Referee didn't look interested in booking Readings players for holding up the game. While I'm having a whinge our players catching ability from the ball boys was crap and CKR excepted we failed to take any quick throws. Mcghee was right about them not being mentally switched on last night.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The rule you speak off, no longer applies this season. The championship were doing a trial for FIFA who in their wisdom obviously deceided it didn't work.:tosser:

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I think they should make a mark in the pitch, on 10 yards, to and then they can see how far the wall has moved foreward.

It's common sense, but as we all know ref's don't have any sense at all

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
y2dave said:
While I'm having a whinge our players catching ability from the ball boys was crap
I'm sure MM will have had the players in this morning, along with the ball boys, so they could all practice playing "catch". Undoubtedly a vital ingredient in our fight against the drop.

:lolol:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
we want Falmer! said:
The Ref's need more training!!! Fine's if they have a really bad game!!!

Why? We're only human. And besides, by the sound of it we were lucky not to give a penalty away...

*quickly leaves before he gets into an argument*

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
y2dave said:
While I'm having a whinge our players catching ability from the ball boys was crap and CKR excepted we failed to take any quick throws.

Meanwhile, CKR should really change into his running spikes when running over the sand pits, then he wouldn't make such an arse of himself by slipping over

;)

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
If they ever introduce this goalline technology with a chip in the ball surely the ref could have some sort of device that tells him when he is 10 yards away from the ball.

Oct 25, 2003
Referee! said:
Why? We're only human. And besides, by the sound of it we were lucky not to give a penalty away...

*quickly leaves before he gets into an argument*

*sigh*

i was in line with it and he was outside the area

the free kick was taken in the right place

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Last night at least twice the ref failed to even count out 10 of his short paces, stopping at 8 and 9 that I saw.

I can't understand why refs can't get their heads around the importance of this game of ours to us, and at least try to enforce simple rules like 10 yards, not 8, or 9.

I can forgive them human errors like missing an incident, not seeing a handball, or even being conned by a diver, but for fucks sake, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, how f***ing hard can it be

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Most people's paces are less than a yard if walking normally, so you always get short changed when they count it this way. The prat last night even took a detour round one of their players on 1 occasion, but still didn't get to 10 paces when he stopped. He then failed to get the wall to move back, so he went and moved the ball! :angry:

How many times did he place the ball / move it 2 inches for our free kicks? I didn't see him do that once for Reading. :tosser:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: 10 yard rule

gazwag said:
Meanwhile, CKR should really change into his running spikes when running over the sand pits, then he wouldn't make such an arse of himself by slipping over

;)

highlight of the evening for me that was:lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sully said:
Most people's paces are less than a yard if walking normally, so you always get short changed when they count it this way. The prat last night even took a detour round one of their players on 1 occasion, but still didn't get to 10 paces when he stopped. He then failed to get the wall to move back, so he went and moved the ball! :angry:

How many times did he place the ball / move it 2 inches for our free kicks? I didn't see him do that once for Reading. :tosser:

He was the same ref who allowed their goal last season when it was a handball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here