Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10 tickets to Scumhampton or £15 with 2 pints. Groupon much?

Starleyyyy

Sep 1, 2011
All students at Soton Uni got this. I might ask them if I can go in the Burnley end instead...

Attachments

• 407876_295634347163793_180512555342640_804740_403911766_n.jpg
    407876_295634347163793_180512555342640_804740_403911766_n.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 67

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
All rivalries apart, its a decent offer that, they obviously cant sell all their tickets, so giving them to students for a tenner can only be a good thing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Decent offer. Should have run something similar last night, and they might have hit the magic NINE thousand mark.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good offer, and might get them new supporters from the Uni. Good way to tap a new market.

It's a real shame that The Albion don't (or currently don't need to) treat Students at the 2 Unis in the same way.

Full price tickets at 18 - no concessions for Students.

Perhaps this might change with the extra seats to fill next season?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's a real shame that The Albion don't (or currently don't need to) treat Students at the 2 Unis in the same way.

You'd hope so. I know a number of students who've moved here and now at least follow the Albion, even if they still support a Premiership team from home as their "proper" team. I think it's a huge base to pull in, and it'd be so easy to advertise to them. Hell it'd be so simple to pitch them on evening games!

"Finish your lectures and come to the Amex for a pint before watching the Albion!" Simple!

Edit: After checking Brighton and Sussex Unis have a combined student population of ~33,000. However, I think if you exclude the Eastbourne and Hastings campuses for Brighton and just take Undergrads it's more like ~22,000. Still a very significant base of potential supporters on the doorstep!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Like Saints we will need to do something similar, as we will only fill 30k for the big matches, unless we're in the top flight of course..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Students haven't traditionally proved a particularly lucrative avenue for football clubs to explore. Otherwise teams in places like Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds would be crawling with them.

I believe they are generally more in favour of spending nights in dingy bars and getting twatted than watching, say, Southampton (what am I saying? I'D rather spend a night in a dingy bar getting twatted than watch Southampton).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Pah, in Aberystwyth it was £3 students for Friday night games, bargain.

On a serious note, are people on here forgetting that we are regularly selling out our 22k stadium to full paying customers? Personally, I'm quite happy to offer deals to students, but only once they are filling seats that would otherwise be empty...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Students haven't traditionally proved a particularly lucrative avenue for football clubs to explore. Otherwise teams in places like Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds would be crawling with them.

I believe they are generally more in favour of spending nights in dingy bars and getting twatted than watching, say, Southampton (what am I saying? I'D rather spend a night in a dingy bar getting twatted than watch Southampton).

You say that, but the Union bars at Sussex are always PACKED when the football's on. Significantly more people than a normal night. The interest for football is clearly there, it's just a question of whether or not the club can convert that into ticket sales. I'd imagine it's worth at least a trial or two to see how it works out?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why this obsession with bloody students?!?! There are lots of families in Brighton with unemployed/low income dads/mums that would like to go to football with the kids but can't currently afford the prices. Students are transitory, residents are mainly that, resident and I believe it would be more beneficial to get long term supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here