Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 week until the fixtures are out

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Next Monday......... I think an opening match at home with the return of MA could provide a good atmosphere. If it is away, anywhere would be an improvement on Crewe last season.
So who do you want?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would like a home game as we haven't had one this Millennium! Possibly a relegated team and give them a bit of a culture shock.

I see the Carling Cup draw takes place on Friday as well. It would be nice to have an early cup run and make some money from a big tie, but don't we say that every year?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Home against Leicester would be good.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Next Monday......... I think an opening match at home with the return of MA could provide a good atmosphere. If it is away, anywhere would be an improvement on Crewe last season.
So who do you want?

Surely the atmosphere would be better away from home. I want Southend away.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
certainly would be better for an away game. But would also be very rare experiencing just a 'good' atmosphere at home for a change

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Orient away would be tremendous. I remember an opening day there a few years ago on a ROASTING August afternoon, fought back from 2-0 down to level at 2-2, then went and lost it in the last minute :cry:

Great day out though. I got off my face in the park beforehand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Orient away would be tremendous. I remember an opening day there a few years ago on a ROASTING August afternoon, fought back from 2-0 down to level at 2-2, then went and lost it in the last minute :cry:

Great day out though. I got off my face in the park beforehand.
Orient away on the opening day would be POOR, if only for the fact that we'd want 2,500 tickets and these days they give us 1,400. Orient away in midweek would be better, so that we don't have to put up with squabbles on here about who deserves a ticket the most.

Now that everyones abandoned their principles, maybe MK away would be good.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
When is Pride this year? Is that not the reason why we are normally away for the 1st game of the season?

For me an away game against someone we can beat without trying to hard. So Oreint I guess.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Home game please. If not, somewhere not too far.. MK Dons, Leicester, Peterborough ( we usually make a lot of noise there) even Colchester.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I'm hoping for a home game as I get back from China 6.30am on opening day.
Pride's the week before so we can have a home game at last.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When is Pride this year? Is that not the reason why we are normally away for the 1st game of the season?

good point... its 2nd August, so a week earlier than season right?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Home game please. If not, somewhere not too far.. MK Dons, Leicester, Peterborough ( we usually make a lot of noise there) even Colchester.

PETERBORO - What an EXCELLENT shout. Peterboro away was a great atmosphere last time. I tihnk it was the last time we played there - all the BURBERRY chants and a great atmosphere...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here