Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1.5m - Am I the only one.......

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Who wasn't expecting more than that anyway?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and selling him a year ago before the collapse of the transfer market would have made more money.

However, in the current climate (that's today, not any other time in the past) I don't think its realistic to expect that we would get much more than that for a striker unproven at the top level. Its hard to accept because his value has gone down through no fault of anyones - but that's just how the market (and any market) is when buyers have a strong position.

Quite frankly, all this talk from some about "Knight Out" is complete bollocks.

I think with a lot of quality players out of work, we'll be able to strengthen the squad on the proceeds, and I'm sure SC will have been putting things in place before today.

B&HAFC - Div 2 Champions 2003/4

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I was expecting 2 million.....Pay off Bristol ROvers and we'r eleft wive just under 1.5 million, now that would be satidfactory not ideal but I'd accept that. Anytihn gless is unacceptable.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I reckon we should sell Cullip too. 50,000 would be acceptable.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
£2m would not be asking much from Spurs, who still would've gotten a fantastic deal. That extra £500k we could've and should've had is a lot of money to a club of our stature.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We should have got more, but I suppose Brett Ormerod went for only £1.75M when he was the second best 2nd div striker...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here