Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton move in for Top Scottish striker [wind up alert]

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Brighton move in for Top Scottish striker

Brighton and Hove Albion have made an official approach for prolific Gretna striker Kenny Deuchar.
"It's true that I have had an offer from Brighton and Hove Albion," said the 24-year-old Scottish striker.
And Gretna supremo Brooks Mileson admitted: "We want to keep him but it’s a wonderful opportunity for the lad and I know Brighton will take him to the next level."
He added: "We know the system and we know that if a big club make an official offer it's a possibility that we will lose the player."
"Brighton have officially asked about Deuchar and the player has been informed and although we don’t really need the money we will not stand in the way of the boys future”
Kenny joined East Fife in June 2002 from Falkirk, after four frustrating seasons and two leg breaks with the Brockville side. His first season at Bayview saw 23 goals from 37 League and Cup appearances.
Kenny notched up 77 appearances (66 League and 11 Cup) and 34 goals.
The close season came and Kenny was offered that full time footballing contract he longed for, surprisingly leaving East Fife to join big-spending Third Division rivals Gretna.
Deuchar was the countries top goalscorer breaking records with his 41 goals he scored in all compitions.
Brighton spokesman said “ There are still some things that need to be sorted out but I am confident Kenny will be a Brighton player by the end of the day”

:lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'd love the good doctor to play for us

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Re: Brighton move in for Top Scottish striker

The Wookiee said:
Brighton and Hove Albion have made an official approach for prolific Gretna striker Kenny Deuchar.
"It's true that I have had an offer from Brighton and Hove Albion," said the 24-year-old Scottish striker.
And Gretna supremo Brooks Mileson admitted: "We want to keep him but it’s a wonderful opportunity for the lad and I know Brighton will take him to the next level."
He added: "We know the system and we know that if a big club make an official offer it's a possibility that we will lose the player."
"Brighton have officially asked about Deuchar and the player has been informed and although we don’t really need the money we will not stand in the way of the boys future”
Kenny joined East Fife in June 2002 from Falkirk, after four frustrating seasons and two leg breaks with the Brockville side. His first season at Bayview saw 23 goals from 37 League and Cup appearances.
Kenny notched up 77 appearances (66 League and 11 Cup) and 34 goals.
The close season came and Kenny was offered that full time footballing contract he longed for, surprisingly leaving East Fife to join big-spending Third Division rivals Gretna.
Deuchar was the countries top goalscorer breaking records with his 41 goals he scored in all compitions.
Brighton spokesman said “ There are still some things that need to be sorted out but I am confident Kenny will be a Brighton player by the end of the day”

:lolol:
Is this true????

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I read the first five paragraphs and the giveaway wording hadn't yet kicked in a la Easy 10 / El Presidente, so it may well be true. Could equally easily be complete bollocks tho. About as likely as it is unlikely.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Tom Hark said:
Well I read the first five paragraphs and the giveaway wording hadn't yet kicked in a la Easy 10 / El Presidente, so it may well be true. Could equally easily be complete bollocks tho. About as likely as it is unlikely.

its about as true as it was last year when I first broke the story :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
gone to Northampton on loan apparently,yes Northampton???

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Yes he is now on loan at Northampton.
He's been out the Gretna team all season he cant find his Shooting boots in Scottish Div 1.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
to be honest he scored goals for fun in the Scotish lower leagues but got no where near them this season in the higher league which is probably the equivilent of this sort of level, will be good to see if can hit the net down here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here