Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts on Craig Noone?

Cardiff fan

Aug 22, 2012
Evening everyone, I see we may be close to signing Craig Noone from you for a reported 2.5 million. Apparently the deal will be completed tomorrow but I won't believe anything until its official (We all know what happened in January! :rolleyes:

Last week I saw him play for the first time, and he looked dangerous every time he got the ball and ran at our defence with pace. I was very impressed with his dribbling although I felt he ran into alleyways on a few occasions, his long-range shooting wasn't the best either, but then again he is a winger.

So, from my very limited experience of watching him play is that a fair reflection of how he likes to play, quick and direct? Or have I got it completely wrong :lolol:

To me he seemed a good player but by no means the finished article, lack of end product perhaps? If the reported 2.5 million fee is to be believed I think thats great business on your part, but I think we've overspent again, I hope (If it does happen) he proves me wrong. Thoughts?

Cheers :cheers:

D

Deleted member 18477

2.5 million? Hahahahahaha amazing deal for us! 2.5 million is probably 1-1.5 million over what were likely to get being serious.

He's tricky, very little end product but a quality lad.

P.s 99% a done deal from what we believe over here. Expect it to be announced 2moro.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought it was 1 million ? Where are you getting your figure from ?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Your 2nd paragraph sums him up well. If its 2.5 million Cardiff have spent then its a good piece of business by the Albion

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
£2.5 million? Woooo hooooooooo!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Your summary is pretty much spot on. He'll be missed here as he is a popular player and exciting to watch. The end product needs work though.

2.5 million? Can't believe that!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Evening everyone
Evening Cardiff.
I see we may be close to signing Craig Noone from you for a reported 2.5 million.
I doubt it's as much as £2m. It is his final ball that currently holds him back, but he can still improve. He'll do well for you. He's also a great player to have around, mucking about and keeping spirits up.

Cardiff fan

Aug 22, 2012
I thought it was 1 million ? Where are you getting your figure from ?

I've seen a lot of reports saying its 1.5 million rising to 2.5 million, maybe I overstated it a bit saying 2.5 million :p

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
A very good player, but very much a confidence player. Has the tricks of a magician but has to improve his final ball. He is an amazing bloke to have around a dressing room, I for 1 will really miss him. If £2.5million is correct then I am more than happy

Cardiff fan

Aug 22, 2012
It is his final ball that currently holds him back, but he can still improve. He'll do well for you. He's also a great player to have around, mucking about and keeping spirits up.

Sounds promising, certainly seems to fit in with Mackay's style both on and off the pitch, I just wish he bought a bloody defender first with that money!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Out of Noone, KLL and Buckers, Craig's the one I would be willing to let go.

Yes, he can be tricky and quick, but not often enough.
Half the time his balls into the area are not good enough, woeful might be a bit too strong a word.

But 2½ million? You can have him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Summary about right. He is left footed and his long range shooting with his right foot which is not up to scratch. The fee last January was reported at £1.2 million. We will miss him when we get our next injury crisis. I do not think any fans are surprised at this turn of events.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tricky little bastard, but he can't shoot (4 goals in 60-odd). And he can't cross. Nice lad, top attitude. But not overly effective.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Cracking lad, great personality, good at karaoke, seems good for the team spirit (bit of a joker), beautiful ball control (but can be tempted to get carried away running around players and find himself in a dead end) but lacks that killer cross. If you can teach him that killer cross then he'll be mid prem. At the moment he's mid championship (with a spirit like no other player). I'm sad to see him go.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If he had a decent end product then he'd be a premier league player IMO. Decent personality, a complete joker! Really kind lad, does a lot for the fans.

Ability wise, he's pacey, he'll go past players with ease BUT sometimes he doesn't know when to let go of the ball, very tricky to defend against yet very one footed. He has everything but a decent end product, his shooting isn't the best but he can hit a ball well on the volley.

You've got a decent player on your hands.

Good luck for the rest of the season except the game against us! :thumbsup:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Sometimes when players move clubs they improve because of the tactics or morale in the dressing room etc but basics like shooting and crossing don't change and at Brighton he was very popular and playing in a great environment and with bags of confidence. I can't see that going to Cardiff will suddenly make him able to improve his crossing ability or shooting once he has beaten a few defenders because he wont be doing anything different at Cardiff than he was here and will still be playing against the same players. Personally I think we have mugged you off if we get anything over £800K and talk of £2-2.5 million makes me think that Tony Bloom must have had a shotgun pointed at your chairmans head during negotiations because for that money you can have him. He is a top top lad however and you can expect him to embrace all things Cardiff and endear himself to the fans with some anti Swansea malarkey no doubt. Great business for the Albion but Cardiff have paid more than top price for him. Cheers easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here