Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have excellent strength in depth for a league 1 club...

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I'm a bit of an optimist I have to say, but I'm tired of people on here moaning about our strength in depth. I think we have an excellent squad. Only question marks for me are: How good is Sandaza? And who is the cover for left back? Tarrico is cover for now and we are looking at Luc Matutu on trial which could solve the problem.

First choice XI

.................... Brezovan ......................

Calderon .... Greer .... Elphick .... Painter

Bennett .. Sparrow .. Kishishev .. Lua Lua

................ Murray ... Sandaza .............

Second choice XI

......................... Ankergren ......................

Whing ....... El Abd ........... Dunk ....... Tarrico

............ Bridcutt ... Dicker ... Battipiedi ........

....... Smith ............................... Baz .........

........................... Barnes ..........................

Add to that some promising youngsters: Mitch Walker, Jake Caskey, George Barker, Torbjorn Agdestein, Chris Holroyd (there must be something in there for Gus to have taken a punt on him) and Ryan Thomson.

Plus I suppose we have the possiblity of adding Ryan Simmonds (former Villa youth team winger), Luc Matutu (former Wolfsburg youth team left back) who are on trial.

And last but not least we have Gary Hart, who I suppose is more there for what he brings to the dressing room than what he can do on the pitch.

A pretty decent squad I would say!

:albion2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:albion1: agreed , nearly there now , it's looking good and hopefully a couple more wins will create a snowball effect
:thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It looks a lot better now than it did a few weeks ago granted.. I'm still worried that 3 or 4 injuries in November for example, would leave us struggling... I'm def in two minds - we need some luck with the injuries / suspensions IMO...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally agree. I have given up even posting on other threads that moan about our lack of strength. We have the strongest we have had for years and years. Nothing to moan about at all.

People should go and support Leyton Orient, now that is a weak squad.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
As long as Sandaza doesn't prove to be a disappointment (a la Dirk Lehmman) and we avoid too many injuries then it looks ok :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It looks a lot better now than it did a few weeks ago granted.. I'm still worried that 3 or 4 injuries in November for example, would leave us struggling... I'm def in two minds - we need some luck with the injuries / suspensions IMO...

Bar a lucky few, every team in the division is in the same boat.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
all things considered i'm happy with what we have, this time last season defence was leaking goals and now we are joint 2nd (i think) best defence having conceded 5 goals in 6 games and that is without greer playing. i have every faith sandaza could well be the striker we need to give us the extra firepower at the other end of the pitch.

all in all a massive improvement on last season

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The problem we have is that Whing is never likely to put on a first team shirt ever again so don't think we can count him. Baz and Batti are still rather unproven and I would be worried if we had to use them in the first team on a regular occasion. Tarricco is also a bit of a question mark.

The only positions I feel we are well and truly covered are centre back and goalkeeper.

But then we are a 3rd division team so to expect anything more is a bit naive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here