Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italia 90 Film

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Can anyone remember the name of a documentary, channel 4 I think, that was some bloke roughing it around Italy following England at Italia 90 watching the hoolies etc... Had a stonking soundtrack and would really like to track it down if anyone can help.

Cheers.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
not sure what it is - but "One night in Turin" is very much worth a worth and covers all the boxes above (bar the bloke roughing it)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not the same thing but on a theme, ITV tonight had a prog called Gazza'a tears (or something like) and was about Italia 90.

How different it all turned out back then, from a similar slow start. those players stood up to be counted and received a hero's welcome when they came home.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Not the same thing but on a theme, ITV tonight had a prog called Gazza'a tears (or something like) and was about Italia 90.

How different it all turned out back then, from a similar slow start. those players stood up to be counted and received a hero's welcome when they came home.

I watched it. Seeing as I wasn't even born when Italia 90 took place, it was a thoroughly enjoyable watch.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

i watched the last 20 mins and really enjoyed it, we had one the best squads at a world cup and i am convinced if we HAD won that game we would have come home with the cup, and i still think that Italia '90 was one of the best world cups

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone remember the England hoolie who made all the papers around that time?

His name was Paul Scarriott (?) and was a Forest fan (I think). I didn't go to many England away games after a very unpleasant experience in Frankfurt in the 88 Euro finals but remember seeing that bloke there for that game. Back then, there were a lot of nutters following England but he really was something else.

I seem to recall reading that he died in the mid-90s of Aids or something equally tragic and bizarre in one of the Spanish resorts.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
speaking of hoolies,green stret just started,utter tosh

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Your correct. He died in Spain. Was a total prick by all accounts. Was with Brighton when we played Notts County in the play off final. Had NFFC tattood on the inside of his lip.

He attempted to nick the fag machine in The Globe before the game :wanker:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I watched that last night - and saw myself on TV when Lineker scored! I will never forget Gascoinge coming over to the fans at the end of the game, blubbibg his eyes out and kissing the England shirt.

Interesting that we all used to take Union Flags to England games in those days - now very rare.

Mellor 3 Ward 4;Interesting that we all used to take Union Flags to England games in those days - now very rare.[/QUOTE said:
They were all that was sold outside the stadium (still goit mine!). Blime , was it really 20 years ago!!!!!!

The cross of St George had horrible national Frant and racsist overtones assoviated with it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Your correct. He died in Spain. Was a total prick by all accounts. Was with Brighton when we played Notts County in the play off final. Had NFFC tattood on the inside of his lip.

think your right and im wrong,

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here