Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth hit a new low

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"not in the books" according to the administrator - very careless or someone with their hands in the till?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Would be interesting to see how they fit into the list of creditors. I seem to recall from my contract law days something saying that gratuitous pledges (i.e. giving to charity) are not bound in the same way as other contracts - however the charity could probably argue that Pompey sold shirts on the basis of this pledge. Either way, pretty shameful - especially when you think that is half of some of their players weekly wages.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just reinforces the view that if I was a Pompey fan, I would be embarrassed and ashamed to wear the shirt and turn up at Wembley. How would anyone want to associate themelves with that club any more.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
In fairness to the supporters, it seems that some of them are holding collections to raise money for the likes of the ambulance who have been shafted by the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I actually think this should be a police matter. Stiffing your creditors is one thing, but surely withholding money that was collected in good faith for charity is outright THEFT.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I actually think this should be a police matter. Stiffing your creditors is one thing, but surely withholding money that was collected in good faith for charity is outright THEFT.

Fraud I think but why be pedantic, it's disgusting.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The players should foot the bill, after all, they're the only ones who have actually been getting paid throughout this shoddy affair.

The rules suck.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
after all Portsmouth's moaning about how unfairly they have been treated by the PL it is interesting to see where they would have been had they not been deducted 9 points ..............................

....ah, that would be bottom of the league table then and still automatically relegated :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was always on the cards that they'd struggle this season, no way can they blame the financial issues.

It infuriates me that they'll still be rewarded for their failures and outright cheating with
£16million in parachute payments next season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
It was always on the cards that they'd struggle this season, no way can they blame the financial issues.

It infuriates me that they'll still be rewarded for their failures and outright cheating with
£16million in parachute payments next season.

..........................and the season after at very least

although what I don't understand is why the new company should be entitled to the money which is actually due to the existing franchise and could be used to pay some of their debts. Portsmouth FC are obviously entirely disreputable but can't the PL do the honourable thing and withold the parachute payments and make them direct to the administrator with the proviso that the money goes to creditors?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here