Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forster

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
I agree, when he came on yesterday the whole team seemed to up there game. He should have scored that 1 on 1 sitter though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought he's looked slow and not particularly sharp at all in the last 2 games he's come on for... (I know he's not played much) why should scoring a penalty justify a contract renewal?

I would'nt have a problem with him getting another year, mind you, but the level of hysteria surrounding him is disproportionate to his recent (prior to his tantrum) form.

Papa

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I thought he's looked slow and not particularly sharp at all in the last 2 games he's come on for... (I know he's not played much) why should scoring a penalty justify a contract renewal?

I would'nt have a problem with him getting another year, mind you, but the level of hysteria surrounding him is disproportionate to his recent (prior to his tantrum) form.

Papa

Agreed. If Gus thinks he warrants another year then fine by me, but if the cash is going to be splashed then I suspect he will be on his way.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Hes not quite as sharp as he used to be - but - he's still a game changer.

Got to be worth at least one more season...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Forster has been a tremendous servant for the club, but ever dog has his day. If we are going to get to where Tony Bloom wants us to be, we have to stop being sentimental and giving players contracts. It has held us back in the last few seasons, and we have ended up in the relegation mix of division 3.

Forster has been out of form since the Walsall game at the start of the year, and yes he scored a penalty in a game that was already won last night, but if we want to push on for the NPower Championship, do we HONESTLY see Nicky being part of it.

I think he is great, but deep down, I think at his age and fitness, we can get someone better in next season. We are almost safe now, so I would like to see him bow out in a blaze of glory and try to get past 20 goals for the season

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Extend his contract for another year.
If he can make that sort of impact regularly as a sub then maybe that's his role for us now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Papa

I love the guy and want him to do well, but this is spot on.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would give him another year but offer them at reduced terms on the basis he is unlikely to be a regular starter next season.

Having his experience around younger players - particularly the likes of Holroyd - would be useful. And having him on the bench or to fill in would be good.

Also, there is a vast difference between giving Forster - who is our top scorer - another year and giving the likes of Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart etc new deals.

Another year? Yes. Another year on presumably one of our top wages? No.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
It's evident to me that he should be offered another deal. The whole team looked lively last night. Even if he is used more as a sub next year, I would like to keep him.

Lets not forget - contract incident aside he's been great for this club and still can be in years to come...maybe in a different capacity as coach etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Papa

He's hardly played since then and that includes his enforced 'detention' by Poyet. But he is certainly more of a threat than Holyroyd who may yet come good.

Forster has been a tremendous servant for the club, but ever dog has his day. If we are going to get to where Tony Bloom wants us to be, we have to stop being sentimental and giving players contracts. It has held us back in the last few seasons, and we have ended up in the relegation mix of division 3.

Forster has been out of form since the Walsall game at the start of the year, and yes he scored a penalty in a game that was already won last night, but if we want to push on for the NPower Championship, do we HONESTLY see Nicky being part of it.

I think he is great, but deep down, I think at his age and fitness, we can get someone better in next season. We are almost safe now, so I would like to see him bow out in a blaze of glory and try to get past 20 goals for the season

Giving your top scorer a one year contract is not what I call being sentimental. We tried to get better players this year as I presume thats why we signed Davies and Dickinson but neither got going. Don't get rid of him until we have a replacement.

I would give him another year but offer them at reduced terms on the basis he is unlikely to be a regular starter next season.

Having his experience around younger players - particularly the likes of Holroyd - would be useful. And having him on the bench or to fill in would be good.

Also, there is a vast difference between giving Forster - who is our top scorer - another year and giving the likes of Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart etc new deals.

Another year? Yes. Another year on presumably one of our top wages? No.

:thumbsup:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Forster is class, look at his goal to game ratio. When he comes on he makes things happen, he should start at home with Murray. Of course he hasn’t looked quite as sharp the last couple of times he’s come on but that’s inevitable when you are not starting games. He’s worth another year without doubt, even if it’s on reduced terms.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Didn't really have time to do anything did he? Apart from miss the easiest chance of the evening..

As above.

NF has been a top, top player for this club. However when he is released in the summer and we sign another top play to replace him, NF will simply become part of the clubs history - never to be forgotten.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did more when he was on than Hoyroyd did. He is rusty as the 1 on 1 showed but simply needs to be in the team. Whole team is lifted

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Giving him another year has to be a must do, okay he missed a sitter but 5 mins after he came we had to great chances, even if he is a sub next yr he is a great inspiration to younger players and that experience might help them grow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here