Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the f*** have we extended Hoytes loan stay

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Just seems completely pointless to me. He hasnt played for weeks. Just send him back!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hoyte is cover for Inigo. Simples.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Cover for defence,i would think :shrug: for time being with AV missing another 3 games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
None of us even know what contribution we are making to his wages. It may be that Arsenal are paying all of it. If so, we have nothing to lose by keeping him here as cover.

Even if personally, I'm not convinced he's any better than Whing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given the choice between Whing or Hoyte I'm afraid I would have to go for the Arsenal lad every time on pure footballing ability terms. What he lacks in positional sense he makes up for with speed and he can play an accurate pass. Good cover if Calderon goes off the boil or gets injured/suspended.

We have become a footballing side with pretensions to moving higher rather than a kick and rush team that accepts its lot in the lower leagues.

I'm enjoying watching the actual football we play more than I have for years including much of our time in the championship - I actually think we have a greater desire to play attractive football now than we did then but I'm sure others will enjoy disagreeing :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If you look at the fixture I do believe we have a bunch of games comming up where there's 3-4 games all with very few days break in between them.

If any of our defenders get injured or pick up cards we'll need quick coverage.

If we got rid of Hoyte and in the first game of that run of games we lost a few defenders for whatever reasons we'd not have the time to go out and find a suitable replacement in time.

At least Hoyte's been playing in our system for a while now and knows his team mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here