Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psssst: don't tell Norman Baker or the Falmer residents but...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...from most of the photos I've seen, our new stadium is going to be one of the most scenically located of any new grounds anywhere, is it not?

(I did whisper that).

Most new grounds, especially in the North, are located on hideous industrial wastelands, or in soulless retail parks surrounded by vast grey BowlPlexes, TGI Fridays and PC Worlds. Ours, presumably, will from various angles, have a backdrop of the beautiful and majestic South Downs. Even the dual carriageway appears to be largely obscured by trees and the university's uglier buildings are being demolished.

Apart from the fact there aren't many pubs nearby, if anyone can think of a new stadium that sits in a more pleasant location, please tell me???

I reckon AC Siena's plans for a new stadium involve a setting that is just as spectacular.

siena.jpg

... although I'd prefer them to stay in "Il Withdean del Sud":-

siena3.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would rather the stadium was in the middle of a shitty council estate and had an air of menace about it

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would rather the stadium was in the middle of a shitty council estate and had an air of menace about it

Give it 20 years for Moulsecoombe to expand and envelop the site..just like LDC and Falmer Pond Society predict!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
...from most of the photos I've seen, our new stadium is going to be one of the most scenically located of any new grounds anywhere, is it not?

(I did whisper that).

Most new grounds, especially in the North, are located on hideous industrial wastelands, or in soulless retail parks surrounded by vast grey BowlPlexes, TGI Fridays and PC Worlds. Ours, presumably, will from various angles, have a backdrop of the beautiful and majestic South Downs. Even the dual carriageway appears to be largely obscured by trees and the university's uglier buildings are being demolished.

Apart from the fact there aren't many pubs nearby, if anyone can think of a new stadium that sits in a more pleasant location, please tell me???

Also better not mention how it perfectly blends into the surrounding landscape and how it cant be seen from any road......

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

What a strange thought, why would you want it to have air of menace about it.
wouldn't rather go somewhere which has a nice environment ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Several new stadiums are now in the middle of nowhere with no public transport links so at least we will be rural with a train station near by as well

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Dunno about it being in a shitty council estate, but Falmer IS going to be a bit of a pain in the arse to get to and from, so a more urban location would have been preferable IMHO.

Yes yes, I KNOW, sustainable transport, no other viable sites etc etc. I just dearly wish we could somehow drop this stadium onto the Goldstone Retail site, that would have been so WONDERFUL.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Dunno about it being in a shitty council estate, but Falmer IS going to be a bit of a pain in the arse to get to and from, so a more urban location would have been preferable IMHO.

Yes yes, I KNOW, sustainable transport, no other viable sites etc etc. I just dearly wish we could somehow drop this stadium onto the Goldstone Retail site, that would have been so WONDERFUL.

Some people as just never satisfied, always wanting that little bit more,
Suppose you want Archers head on a flag pole as well :p

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Not if you live in Coldean or Moulsecoomb it's not ... or anywhere along the Lewes Road, come to think of it.

Good place I reckon :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some people as just never satisfied, always wanting that little bit more,
Suppose you want Archers head on a flag pole as well :p

Yes.
Yes I do :thumbsup:

Not if you live in Coldean or Moulsecoomb it's not ... or anywhere along the Lewes Road, come to think of it.

Good place I reckon :thumbsup:

Well admittedly I am being entirely selfish. I wish that Shoreham Harbour site was do-able, that would've been marvellous. Walking distance for me, and lots of decent pubs en route.

Ah well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't been to Doncaster yet.

Huddersfield's a funny one: there's some pleasant enough trees and hills to one side of it, but there's also plenty of retail warehouses and supermarkets nearby.

That Siena one looks nuts: I can't get over the countryside around it. Never in a million years would any local authority in the UK allow someone to build a football ground (or much else) in an area like that. Siena's in Tuscany, isn't it? Can you imagine Carlisle sticking a 20,000 all seater in the middle of the Lake District, or Southampton relocating to the New Forest?

sienanew1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here